pH low, now?

spmnarciso

Last time I talked about my pH it was higher than normal and stressing me out. Now with my new setup, I setup my kalkreactor to dose into where my skimmer intakes are, and now my pH seems low(7.87). Couple theorys:
1. Too much water volume overall, not enough evaporation, so kalk not affecting pH.
2. Water parameters off (alk)
3. Location of where its being dosed.
So what do you all think?

clarkiiclo

My ph is 7.87 and has stayed there since day one. Nobody dead yet.
What are your readings in the morning and at night?

yosemite sam

I'm assuming you have an electronic PH meter. What time did you take the reading? My tanks usually run 7.9 in the morning and get up to 8.3ish in the evening, so that isn't necesarily a bad PH reading. Also, do you have some of the PH calibration liquids to make sure the meter is reading correctly?

golfish

Are you using a Ca reactor? How much fresh air is getting into the tank room? This could be a reason why your seeing low pH.
What's the alk level?

spmnarciso

Originally posted by ClarkiiClo
My ph is 7.87 and has stayed there since day one. Nobody dead yet.
What are your readings in the morning and at night?

Morning: 7.87
night: 8.06

spmnarciso

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam
I'm assuming you have an electronic PH meter. What time did you take the reading? My tanks usually run 7.9 in the morning and get up to 8.3ish in the evening, so that isn't necesarily a bad PH reading. Also, do you have some of the PH calibration liquids to make sure the meter is reading correctly?

pH probe has been calibrated.

spmnarciso

Originally posted by golfish
Are you using a Ca reactor? How much fresh air is getting into the tank room? This could be a reason why your seeing low pH.
What's the alk level?

No Ca reactor! I need better ventilation...is that why my tank is running low pH? Last time I checked, alk was at 10.6 dKH. I will recheck tonight.

spmnarciso

Ok my readings are low. Easy and safe way to raise alk and increase pH... Bionics?
Alk = 7.4 dKH
Calcium = 380 ppm