ph low

newfishguy

I recently finished my cycle and did a 20% water change. All of my paramenters are good except for my ph. My ph is 7.8. Don't they sell something at the fish store to raise it to 8.2?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Don't worry about it. It will stabilize.
What test kit are you using?

newfishguy

Aquarium Pharmaceuticals. How long will it take to stabilize? I would like to get a cleanup crew this weekend.
Originally Posted by Beth
Don't worry about it. It will stabilize.
What test kit are you using?

aceroc

I too am having the same problem though my tank is almost 3 months old. LFS sold me some Marine buffer to raise it to 8.3, this does work but it doesn't hold. I then bought some reef builder because my ALK was low and my PH has dropped again. I tested it this morning at 8.0 and i added somemarine buffer and it is now 8.2 - 8.4. What can i do to keep my PH to hold without having to keep adding buffer? I don't want to keep buying buffer week after week.

wla1610

One thing I found to help me when I was having consistant low ph problems was that I stopped using PH-Up. I just increased my water flow in the tank and water agitation on the surface. Since that time my Ph has stayed around 8.2-8.4 My tank is going on 3 months old.