Phosban reactor up and running

benj2112,
When I ordered my Phosban reactor I ordered an extra Maxijet 400 and an extra Maxijet 600. Which one should I use with it?
I also ordered the Rowaphos 500ml....is that enough?
Is there anything else I need or is this all I need to get up and running?
I won't be delivered until Monday so I have time now to get anything else I need at the lfs...it would really suck to finally get this thing and not have everything I need to set it up

benj2112

I would think th Makijet 400 should be enough.
500ml of Rowaphos is enough. I would say put 250ml in the reactor and run that till you start reading phosphates coming out of the tubing coming from the reactor (anywhere from a few weeks to months from now depending on your bioload). I put 333ml in mine and that might have been a bit full (although still below max capacity).
You also need some tubing. The reactor doesn't come with any. I would go to the hardware store and get some 3/8' (for a tight fit that you have to heat the ends to get on) or some 1/2" tubing (for an easy fit). You might also want some elbow connection joints so the tubing doesnt get kinks or have to stick up so high about the reactor (because you have to connect the reactor to the ball valve and then the more tubing out).
Be sure to read the directions! BUT...even though the Rowaphos says it is okay to flood your tank with the dust that flushes out the first time you start pumping water though it...don't do this. Makes quite a mess...(it was quite a job cleaning the mess out of my bucket that I had the first 2 or three gallons run into). That reminds me...have 2 or 3 gallons of salt water ready to replace the water you flush into the bucket.