phosphate reactor question :)

i currently have a hair algae problem that i am starting to get under control but still dealing with phosphate problems, i do not have a sump so it will need to be HOB, and i know the Phosban reactor (cheap) but not sure if there is really anything better out there, and as well, how does it hang on the back, just like a protein skimmer? i just kind of want to know how the plumbing works, if anyone has any pictures of theirs that are HOB i would appreciate it.
thanks

jdl

Originally Posted by suspectcobra
http:///forum/post/3032388
i currently have a hair algae problem that i am starting to get under control but still dealing with phosphate problems, i do not have a sump so it will need to be HOB, and i know the Phosban reactor (cheap) but not sure if there is really anything better out there, and as well, how does it hang on the back, just like a protein skimmer? i just kind of want to know how the plumbing works, if anyone has any pictures of theirs that are HOB i would appreciate it.
thanks
i had a hair algae issue. I ordered 75 turbo snails (90g tank). A week later, my tank was spotless.
You may want to go the snail route as the phosphate removers can get expensive and need changed often.

salt210

the unit costs around 40 plus cost of a small PH. the one I have is able to hang on the back. as far as buying media, once the levels are brought into check you will only have to buy some maybe once a month