Phosphate sponge???

mr . salty

I got the one quart jar of Kent Marine phos sponge pellets.I want to know if it will work while I am treating the tank with No Ich for parasites,Or should I wait till the Parasite treatment is done???

mr . salty

Yes it is a fowlr. 125 gallon with 90lbs of LR. I will wait till the other treatment is done.This is the trick/problem,I have been treating for red slime now for parasites so I haven't done my weekly water change in three weeks. That is why I wanted to try the sponge.I also have very little or no macro algae so I don't really see much harm being done. THANKS. STEVE

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I just ordered the nitrate sponge; I hope it works as well as you said the phos sponge does.
Is there anywhere online where you can get macro algae? I think it would grow in my FO setup, as the green micro stuff is doing great!
I would love for something to eat up my phosphates.

xavier

agentb2,
Does it actually work?
I have triend other products with no success at all.
I have just added an algae tank to my sump and we will see. But if the sponge actually works. Sign me on.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You do realize, Saltwaterfish.com BB members, that if we all pooled our $$$ from what we spend on fish, reefing, equipt, etc., etc. that collectively, we would probably be millionaires!
Perhaps we should give up the hobbie and buy an estate for ourselves with 50 bedrooms.....naw LOL