Photo/Posting Pics Frequently Asked Questions

ryebread

Question: How do I post a picture within my message?
Answer:
There are a couple of factors to keep in mind when attaching a photo.
*1. Make sure that the file that you are trying to attach is the right type of file. Valid file extensions are: gif, jpg, png, txt, zip, bmp, and jpeg. The most common file types to use are gif and jpg.
Question:
How do I get multiple pics to show up in the same message?
Answer:
You are going to need a website that hosts images for you so you can link us to your photos. You can simply surround the address of the image with the

*Note that the http:// part of the image URL is required for the code.
*This will allow you to group several photos into one post.
Question: I tried the[img]thingy and it didn't work in the photography forum but, it works everywhere else. How come?
Answer: The photo forum is a little bit different in that way. We are expecting lots of pictures in this forum which means a lot of bandwidth will be eaten up. The more photos that appear in the forum means the slower it will get..........nobody likes waiting. To help out with the bandwidth problem, the photography forum creates a link instead of just showing the picture. You can still put multiple images into one post........you just have to click on the link to see the picture. :)
Hope this helps.
Please add any other vital posting tips that you feel will help out in this area. THANKS.

bradttu

Click here to download a video example. It is 2.4 megs so you might have to give it a few minutes to download if you are on dial up.
The images you want for your animation must be in .gif format. Place all of your images into one document so you will have them in ONE file, but on different layers. I just grabbed a few avatars from this site for the example

bradttu

You don't use Photoshop to do it. You use Image Ready. In photoshop go to File > Jump to > Image Ready.

S

sinner's girl

How do we make a picture smaller? Other than taking it smaller. I'm sure it's easy, if you tell me, I'll remember and pass it on.
Thanks,
one who really wants to add pic taken with new dig cam, but can't b/c they are too big.

jscarb2

i am confused i have photo shop but cant figure out how to do it in there .the link for the video is not there anyone that can tell me how to get it to switch between the 3 pics please let me know.thanks

sexychic

Just wanted to let everyone know my baby has gone to the field for 7 weeks and is doing good, it is awful he just got back from Iraq a month ago and is gone again! But i guess thats the price you pay being in the military.Cannot wait for him to get home again. I thank you all for supporting him and the military!

kitty

Originally posted by pacopetty
I want to post a pic under my user name how do I do this?

:happyfish Me Too!:happyfish

kitty

Originally posted by pacopetty
I want to post a pic under my user name how do I do this?

:happyfish Me Too!:happyfish

spinner

I'm trying to post some pix. But I get a message that says to condense pix to under a 500x 500. Being barely computer literate, how do I do this?
Thanks
Spinner