Photographers Wanted

bluebob88

When you submit a photo to the database you will receive an email when that photo has been accepted or rejected.
Most likely your photos will be accepted unless they are way blurry or just don't belong on the site. Once more photos are coming in per day we will start to raise the requirements for images.
Needless to say we would love to see the best pictures possible from the beginning, so if you have some photos please add them. The rights to your photos will always belong to you.

bluebob88

Would anyone want to see an "ID This" section on the website?
Basically it would return images that don't have species and other users would be able to name the species in the image.
I feel it would give other users something to do on the website and users who upload images wouldn't have to worry about knowing all the species of fish in the image.

bluebob88

I have started on the ID This part and hope to have that up in a few days.
I also added a photographer stats page where you can see the number of photos a user has added, the total views for all the images, and the average views/photo.
I am also still looking into sponsors for the contest, swf declined because they have their own photo contest from time to time.

sk8shorty01

I like the idea of the site, I will have to go through my home computer and check and see what pictures I can send in. I remember doing the photo contest on SWF a couple years back and I had three winning pictures so I am sure I have them saved on my computer somewhere.

sk8shorty01

I am trying to go to the main page. I tried both with IE and firefox and neither will work. Both say that the address is either down or does not exist.

bluebob88

click on the link to goto the website, register for an account (used to keep track of your images) then sign in a upload your images. Once they are uploaded they will be reviewed to make sure they are appropriate for the site and then accepted/denied.
If you have any questions feel free to let me know.

sk8shorty01

I am on a work computer right now, I have access to just about any website as long as it is not a gambling or adult site. Those are the only places we are restricted from.

bluebob88

Site Update
Users can now submit corrections to photos. This includes adding new species to the photo, editing species that are wrong in the photo and changing the categories to the correct ones.
This gives users the opportunity to upload their photos and find out species that are unknown to them.