photography

Just curious to know what setting you all use with your digis and SLR film cameras
I have a kodak m883
Sensor type 1 / 2.5 in. CCD
CCD total pixels 8.5 MP (3382 × 2513)
Effective pixels 8.0 MP (3280 × 2454)
Lens 38–114 mm (35 mm equiv.) f/3.1–f/5.9
Lens protection built-in
Zoom 3X optical, 5X advanced digital zoom, total zoom range 15X
Image stabilizer digital
Shutter speed 8–1/1000 sec.
and a Nikon N6006
-35 mm :)
what seetings do you all recomend for optimal picture clarity brightness and crispness ?

05xrunner

there is no real optimal setting. as every situation is different.
Settings are different for me for every lens I would use on my camera. If I am using faster glass I usually dont need a flash. If I am shooting macro I turn off my pumps and put my camera on a tripod and shoot the corals with smaller fstop around f10-f13 so the shutter speeds are slow like 1-3sec
Now if I am using a reg lens that isnt very fast i will use my flashgun. Point the flash upwards and put an index card on it so the flash fires up but the index card is above and kinda aimed down and shoots the light into the tank. this avoids any reflections on that glass and hot spots and gives a nicer exposure.
ohh and my gear is
Canon 1D Mark II
Canon 85mm 1.8 USM
Sigma 10-20 4-5.6 DC EX HSM
Sigma70-200 f2.8 DG EX HSM
Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di
Canon 100-400L IS
Sigma 150mm Macro f2.8 DG EX
Canon 430ex Flash

Hey I really appreciate you taking the time and writing this about your cameras... I played with my camera for about 2 hours and took around 490 pictures paying with settings and after all that work this is what I got :)
tomorrow I finally have a day off so I am going to re-photograph everything in my tank :) maybe go through less pictures and less settings *crossing fingers*

05xrunner

i dont know what setting you shot that in..M mode maybe cause its really blown out. over exposed by alot.

05xrunner

did you use a flash as well. if you did looks like you might have blown it out with that. what settings did you use?

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
http:///forum/post/2666092
did you use a flash as well. if you did looks like you might have blown it out with that. what settings did you use?
I will have to tell you what settings I used when I get home from work :)... But I used the flower picture lol and the flash