Photos of my reef tank.

devildog01

NNNOOOOOO!!!! No tang should be in a 55 gallon! Plus, you have to be REALLY careful buying from *****-they don't always know what they're doing.

harlequinnut

Originally Posted by MyThrenody
Very nice! My local ***** has a Sailfin,Do you think it would do fine in a 55gal? :thinking:
What devildog said is very true, tangs shouldn't be confine in such a small tank as a 55. It should at the least be a 75 or more. Sailfin especially shouldn't be in anything less than a 125. I want to repeat what I said in an earlier post, I have a 150 gallon fowlr tank running side by side with the 46, the 46 is only a temporary home for the 2 baby tangs.

harlequinnut

Just want to clarify my opinion about a tang in a 75. There are only one or two species of tangs that may be able to live in a 75 individually. The kole tang(aka yellow eye tang) or maybe the yellow tang. JMO

mythrenody

Originally Posted by DevilDog01
NNNOOOOOO!!!! No tang should be in a 55 gallon! Plus, you have to be REALLY careful buying from *****-they don't always know what they're doing.
Ya,i didn't think i could. My ***** seems to be doing a good job of taking care of their marine fish

devildog01

Originally Posted by MyThrenody
Ya,i didn't think i could. My ***** seems to be doing a good job of taking care of their marine fish
lucky duck, mine put a GREEN MORAY in with a royal gramma. Plus. this green moray was about 2 feet long in a 20 long. Nice huh? When I asked the manager why the green was in with the basslet she said it was there to keep it company. Idiots.
:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :joy:

feixjai

very nice tank. what is that cup look a like coral in the 6th picture at the top. i have one of those for about 2 months and still have trouble figuring out what it is. well its opened up nicely and almost killed my hammer and pulsing xenia

harlequinnut

Originally Posted by feixjai
very nice tank. what is that cup look a like coral in the 6th picture at the top. i have one of those for about 2 months and still have trouble figuring out what it is. well its opened up nicely and almost killed my hammer and pulsing xenia
It's a cup coral aka pagoda coral.

harlequinnut

Originally Posted by sweetdawn
your corals are so distracting that i just now noticed you have a major bubble algea thing going on
You are absolutely right, I do have a bubble algae problem. At the beginning, I thought it was kinda cool cause it looks like a marble or something. But now there's too much of it. I tried to get rid of as much as I can by hand but I've given up. Now I leave it alone if it's not really bad and or taking up spaces of my corals. Any suggestions?

sweetdawn

emerald crabs are suppossed to eat them. i get one sometimes i just suction it out when i do a water change.

feixjai

for the bubble aglae you should get an emarld. mines started going after them right when i dropped him in.

superhero

oh my god Harlequinnut this tank is sick :cheer: (cheerleader 4 u) i really love waht tanks looks liek wehn all of the coarl has grown so close togather that u cant even see the rocks anymore. really one of the best systems i have seen simply stunning.... ***) ***) ***) ***) ***)

devildog01

Originally Posted by sweetdawn
emerald crabs are suppossed to eat them. i get one sometimes i just suction it out when i do a water change.
But you do have to be VERY CAREFUL if you siphon them out, because if it for some reason doesn't get sucked up and it just bursts-it sends spores throughout the tank, and makes it an even BIGGER problem!