Pic Of My 125g

brendac

Here is a pic of my 125g. I took the pic last night. My other powerhead came today so I now have 2 on it... One on each end. As you can see the powerhead is way up at the top... Is that ok... Or should I lower them down to the middle? I have a whirl of bubbles going through the whole aquarium... Is that OK? The little arm on the powerhead is pointing up and there is no dead spots at the surface. Im kinda new and learning as I go along.

emperor11

Looks pretty good. I, personally would ditch the background and go for either a solid black or solid blue color, but thats just me. Also, are you planning for this to be a FOWLR or a Reef? I would ditch the fake corals as well, and buy some nice live rock.
But, other than that, keep up the great work!

brendac

We ordered more LR and it will be here saterday. We want it pretty much full with LR... But its so expensive that we are adding it on and off... Then the fake coral is coming out. Want a FOWLR

emperor11

Originally Posted by BrendaC
We ordered more LR and it will be here saterday. We want it pretty much full with LR... But its so expensive that we are adding it on and off... Then the fake coral is coming out. Want a FOWLR
Very nice! Keep us updated! ***)

some1fishy

Bren,
Tank looks gr8! I would agree with Emp. Ditch the fake stuff and go get some nice live rock and a blue background. JMO2, though.
As for the important ?, If you have two the same size PH, sink one a little lower (just below middle) and keep the one on the top right right where it is. Keep em cross directional and you should be okay. But as long as you have no dead spots, that is what you are shooting (or fishing) for.

brendac

Well we would like the copperhead buterfly... raccoon butterfly... 2 maroon clownfish and a flame angel. What cleaning fish could I have with threse fish? and could I have a lemonpeel angel with the flame angel? both are dwarfs

emperor11

Well we would like the copperhead buterfly... raccoon butterfly... 2 maroon clownfish and a flame angel. What cleaning fish could I have with threse fish? and could I have a lemonpeel angel with the flame angel? both are dwarfs
I don't recommend two butterflies or two dwarf angels in any tank less than 200 gallons. Neon gobies would work well as cleaning fish, as long as this isn't going to be an aggressive FOWLR, just a community FOWLR, correct?

brendac

Yes correct... So I have to decide what butterfly I want and what Angel. Can I have a dwarf angel and a full size angel? I ordered a book on saltwater aquariums and that should help me out too.

emperor11

Yes correct... So I have to decide what butterfly I want and what Angel. Can I have a dwarf angel and a full size angel? I ordered a book on saltwater aquariums and that should help me out too.
Depends on the dwarf and the large angel (which angels are you thinking about). I have always had good luck with mixing large and dwarf angels, but again, it depends on which ones you're talking. What book did you order? Some are real good, and others won't help you much at all.

brendac

Im thinking about either the lemonpeel dwarf or the flame... full size Imperator angel... raccoon butterfly and a maroon clownfish. I got the book Conscientious marine aquarium coming. Will onw maroon clownfish be Ok alone or should I try to get a pair?

bombay_duc

Here is a pic of my 125g. I took the pic last night. My other powerhead came today so I now have 2 on it... One on each end. As you can see the powerhead is way up at the top... Is that ok... Or should I lower them down to the middle? I have a whirl of bubbles going through the whole aquarium... Is that OK? The little arm on the powerhead is pointing up and there is no dead spots at the surface. Im kinda new and learning as I go along.

Very nice, lets see some fish and coral pics.