Picaso hiding

jdodd

I added a picaso trigger yesterday and wedge himself between 2 rocks and will not move. Do yall think he will be ok?:help:

darthmatt

Going into a hole to sleep is normal, but not all day. I bought a hum-hum trigger 2 weeks ago, and he died in 4 days. The whole 4 days he had been swimming and eating and his color was fine. Every night when the white lights went out, he immediately slipped into his hole. On the 5th day, I came home from work and he was still in the hole. I waited a while then finally stuck a stick in the hole and he was dead. It took me 20 minutes with tweezers to get bhim out, he was stuck. I mean really wedged. I read in my book that they can get stuck, then work themselves up and get stressed.:nope:
I hope yours is just shy. matt

darthmatt

I'm not trying to scare you but your sounding like me a week ago. I would try to flush him out to see if he is stuck. even if it means moving a rock to free him. Or use some food to coax himout. you need to see if he is stuck or just shy. mine wasn't between 2 rocks, rather a hole inside a single rock, so there was no freeing him. we'll see what others say, I'll check back on here tonight. good luck. matt

chandler04

Just a lil insight. Trigger fish have those triggers for a reason. Not much to scare other fish, but more so that they can dive into rocky areas and wedge themselves in. Fish will tend to be shyish at first, but make sure that he really isnt stuck, and if hes breathing and watnot. Makeing put some live food in the tank to perk him up. Triggers are usually good at eating most meaty foods anyway, but live will get him started quicker.

petem

Oh Great! something to look forward to. My Trigger is in QT with an Angel. I have piece of PVC about 7" long. I only saw him in there once. Otherwise, the angel doesnt really let him in there. But, he enjoys just lying in the corner of the tank right now.

jdodd

Thanks for all yall's help. I think he was stuck cause I moved the rock on top and he has been cuttin up every since.:cheer: