Picasso and a Niger - Will it work?

aquarius 1

I have a Picasso trigger which I have had for about 7 months now and he's about 2 and a half inches long. Today I bought a niger trigger which is about the same size as the Picasso and I want to add them to the same tank. Will this work or will I have World War III on my hands? I've had each of these fish on separate occasions but never together in the same tank? Any suggestions to minimize any problems if there should be any?

tangtang

No problems here either! <SMILE>
I have 5 triggers together in one tank. In order of introduction: (today's size - apx.) 3.5" humahuma, 3.5" niger, 3.5" eye liner, 1.75" undulated and 4.5" clown. I constantly watch to make sure they get along. They've been great together so far. (The undulated is a loner however... scarey!!!) Getting along could change as they grow. I hear that some triggers can grow into their aggressiveness and can even turn on their tank mates. I am hoping they will continue to get along as they are now. However, I am ever vigiliant and prepared to make changes to their living arrangements should it become necessary. I guess I like it here on the edge! <smile>
Good luck!
Linda

rockface

I've had both of these fish together for about a year, and a half, and have had no problems at all. I think the key is to add them at the same time. My niger is larger than my huma huma. I think that could make a diffrence also. It's hard to give good advice, all fish seem to act diffrently in diffrent tanks.

julius

i say as long as they are feed well and their is no conflict with tank space you should have no problem

aquarius 1

Well I got the niger and there is no problem w/ the picasso at all. It's almost as if the picasso is ignoring the niger. Thanx for the advice everyone?