picasso clown babys

clintjj

My picasso clownfish babys hatched tonight.
Wonder how many will be misbared like their parents? I guess I will know in about 8 months so wish me luck cause they'll be for sale on here.

K

kat74

WooHoo!!~

How exciting!!~ Congrats to you!~
Can't wait to see pics!~

K

kat74

Originally Posted by clintjj
Heater hung up all but two dead.

OH NO!!!!!!!!

I am SOOOOOO sorry!!!

How are the two that are hanging in there doing??

txchewy

Wow So sorry to hear that. How old are the parents and how long have they been together?
Good luck with the 2

Originally Posted by clintjj
Heater hung up all but two dead.

clintjj -
We all forget how dependent on all our 'stuff' working perfectly to keep our beloved sea life alive! This 'malfunction' should not have happened, but it did!!! The manufacturer of the heater should bare some responsibility!

I am so sorry for your tank's heater failure and loss!
It reminds me of NASA.... everything they do has a backup system to work around most failures.
I have wanted to establish another marine tank for several years now, but I live in Florida! Warm household temps under A/C and 'hurricanes'! that can cause in extended power outages.....
I apologize for the rambling... there is a device that is used to control refrigerator temps for home brewing(!???) that would have cut the power to your heater if it exceeded a safe level. Yet another piece of 'stuff', that hopefully does not malfunction! Although you will probably never experience another catastrophic failure like this again, I wanted to send you a link to "Johnson Controls A419" digital temp controller....
http://www.northernbrewer.com/temp-control.html
There are temp. alarms.... if your home to hear them!!!
Regards...

clintjj

All dead. I'm building in my shop outside, a room with a central a/c. My brothers own an a/c company so my shop will stay at 75 all the time. Hopefuly this will solve my heater problem. no over heating or cooling. This sounds like alot for baby fish but I also collect trains and fishing supplys which will all be I there.

mscarpena

Try again they'll lay eggs every 2 weeks for years. I hear that about 1 out of every 1,000 will be misbarred like that. Sorry for more bad news. Better luck next time