picasso clowns..

R

regina13

If you have a picasso clown can you post a picture??? I want to see all the different patterns on everyones!

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Dajoker22
no got him from my LFS swf.com prices are to high
In all fairness, does your local fish store provide the guarantee SWF provides or the world reknown forum that SWF provides?

dajoker22

yeah i think they have the same guarantee like 15 or 16 days as for the forum they have a pretty good one i think its a little smaller and i didnt mean to affend SWF and the prices i meant there piccaso prices were just to high for me not all the prices

1journeyman

yeah i think they have the same guarantee like 15 or 16 days as for the forum they have a pretty good one i think its a little smaller and i didnt mean to affend SWF and the prices i meant there piccaso prices were just to high for me not all the prices
Lol, no offense taken.

Just wanted to point out some of the benefits found around here.

maelv

That is a good one....different. Mine is still a Juvi...just picked it up last week.
And the price here is average...some store is selling them for $150/each...CRAZY...I paid $95 for mine...

txchewy

no got him from my LFS swf.com prices are to high
What kind of clown is that because it is not an ORA Picasso. Still a good looking clown.

Originally Posted by TXChewy
What kind of clown is that because it is not an ORA Picasso. Still a good looking clown.
Hrm....its not? Which one isnt an ORA? Mine looks like Maelv's, bought it from SWF.com as advertised ORA bred picasso.?????

Also, my "true" perc has very very thin black at the white bars - I thought true percs had thicker black - also bought from SWF.com.

R

regina13

Have any of you who have picassos posted their pic. in the contest forum???? I think all of you have a good chance. The swf.com one doesnt look like a picasso..... but just my opinion

S

swalchemist

Actually both of these are picassos, and unless I am mistaken only ORA is raising them as of right now so I'm guessing that SWF is getting theres from ORA just like LFS do. I have seen several and each one gets better looking with age. The SWF one is a juvinile it's colors are not pronounced yet. The one from the LFS seems to be a much older fish if I'm guessing right. Either way these are some great pics guys, got anymore?

dajoker22

mine is about a year or so old and it is deffinatly a piccaso i was there when it came out of the box from ORA

S

swalchemist

Yes those are the same fish, yours will look almost exactly like the older one above within about a year or so if all goes well. These are my favorite clowns and I have had the opportunity to see many different ones at several LFS and in reef club members tanks. Sadly though no one has received a shipment in some time around here. I have also managed to get a glimpse of the ORA Jigsaw Maroon only once though and I think it deserves some air time as well, maybe one day if we are lucky :)

viper_930

Originally Posted by SWAlchemist
Sadly though no one has received a shipment in some time around here.
Availability is going up and prices are coming down so it shouldn't be much longer.

Picassos are distributed from ORA as juveniles so they don't have much black or any at but as mentioned they'll darken as they mature.

S

swalchemist

"Availability is going up and prices are coming down so it shouldn't be much longer. "
I know I for one cannot wait, I got my first picasso when they were initially released before the incident where ORA lost most of there stock. My clowns lasted about 3 weeks and that was it. BTW they were only like $49 then LOL. So after loosing them I decided to research them a bit and sit back and wait till there were more. I know ORA has a good breeding program and I know others are breeding similar species now so it wont be long as you say then I'll get some more. Till then I will just sit back and enjoy those in others tanks :)

jhebi

I got mine on Wednesday. Both are still on QT but not eating, worry what's going to happen.

R

regina13

bumpity bump!
come on I know for a fact more of you have them! please post pics.
lol anyone