Picasso trigger

mscenter58

i just wanna no what the basic requirments are for a picasso trigger are i really want one my lfs store has 2 of them prolly about 3-4 inches i have a clown do u think that would be a problem to mix those 2 fish???

el guapo

Picasso's tend to get bad attitudes as they mature . I would not try it in anything smaller than a 75 and then be looking to upgrade to a 125 as it reaches maturity .
What kind of clown do you have ? Unless its a maroon I would be a little iffy about it lasting long term with a Picasso . A smaller clown just doesn't have what it takes to stand up to a trigger .

mscenter58

wellf jp im putting up a 55 the post about the 30 was for my friend but yea i am getting a 55 so if i got a trigger it would be in that. is there a trigger that maybe can go with a lion and does not get as big.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by MSCenter58
http:///forum/post/2780754
wellf jp im putting up a 55 the post about the 30 was for my friend but yea i am getting a 55 so if i got a trigger it would be in that. is there a trigger that maybe can go with a lion and does not get as big.
Trigger and Lions are bad combinations... Triggers tend to nip the lions fins..

krazykarel

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/2780616
Picasso's tend to get bad attitudes as they mature . I would not try it in anything smaller than a 75 and then be looking to upgrade to a 125 as it reaches maturity .
What kind of clown do you have ? Unless its a maroon I would be a little iffy about it lasting long term with a Picasso . A smaller clown just doesn't have what it takes to stand up to a trigger .
I think this is a good conservative opinion. If your clown is a Tomato it may also be able to hold its own. Picassos grow slow, so if you could get away with a 55 for a few years IMO.

it's chuck

Just remember every fish is an individual. I just got rid of my Humu Humu because after 3 monthes of being a nice peaceful fish he became very agressive for one day( he was about 4inches, and going after a 5inch YT and a 5.5-6 inch Red Corris Wrasse). He seemed back to his old self the next day but it was not worth the risk to me. Not to mention he grew almost and inch in 3 monthes and I picked a Humu Humu because they are normally slow growers, I took him back to my LFS and now have a Blue Throat