Picasso's poor table manners

goldfish

I know that triggers are known for their messy eating habits, but this is out of control!!! I just put in all kinds of goodies for everyone--krill, squid, formula 2 etc. Picasso gets himself a large piece of krill and goes into the corner to be polite--at least that's what I'm thinking! He comes back to the middle of the tank about 20 seconds later and "POOEY!" blows it all over the tank. What is up with that??
He does this all the time-I just thought I'd write and see if anyone else has the same problem. It's really a mess when he's finished. Then, he goes and does it again with a pile of bloodworms....ugh.

grouperhead

mine does it all the time, everyone elses probably does too. i only feed small pieces at a time so it doesnt get out of control, and i always have my net handy when i feed so i can scoop up whatever he shoots out. my trigger will get some food, spit it out on the filters intake tube, and then eat all the little pieces. bo

goldfish

Mine does the same thing! That way he can sit over there and snack to his heart's desire. It is really nasty..who wants to eat food that has been chewed up and spit out?

S

sweet

mine does that If he doesent like what he is eating, he eats only certain types of plakes, his main food if freeze dried plankton, he doesent spit it out. and, when i first had him, me not knowing it was because he didnt like the food, anyway, i got a tang, and it ate the spit up food from the trigger..

pufferlover

Very common with Triggers for that. Reminds me of the skit on Sat night live where the parents chewed the food for their grown son then fed it to him (really a sick skit you had to see it).

grouperhead

yeah puffer, ive seen that skit. the kids dont have any salivary glands so they cant chew their food. i remeber some girl from er was on the skit one time and chewed up chris katans mcdonalds apple pie. bo

pufferlover

Thats the one grouper- one of the worst skits I ever saw could not figure why anyone would do that skit especially a guest star. Go figure.

blueberryboomer

Hi all, Our Huma Huma does it all the time. Messy, Messy, Messy. Our Niger Trigger never does, everyonce in a while he will pick up sand from the bottom and pushes it threw his gills though..
Pufflover, I have seen that skit, very gross.
Later Lisa

S

sweet

i am thinking of getting sand for my tank so the food doesent get stuck in between the gravel, think it would be worth the trouble? because my nitrates have been bad lately. i just took out my UGF/..