Pick ONE Fish for my 30 Gallon-Semi-Reef

I have a extra tank sittin around, and enough extra equipment to start my own fish supply store. :rolleyes:
I am going to set up a small semi-reef. I'm thinking maybe just one or two peculiar or unusual fish.
Pick it for me----and tell me why.
TIA
Hermit
[ November 25, 2001: Message edited by: Up North Hermit ]

Ah yes, thank you bizkit, I have one in my 40 gallon ROEFMHK (reef only except for my hawk fish) tank. ;)
Loooooove my flame hawk.
Anyone else----come on!
TIA
Hermit

bhav_88

You want a fish? Never mind. I was going to suggest getting a Lobster because they are really cool if destructive in the reef...
OOhhh... How about a Yellowhead Jawfish? They dig holes and make little houses and have a good personality.

templar

On the jawfish note today at a lfs I seen several yellow-headed jawfish in a tank and thought it looked cool how they all dig their holes together. Sure would be an interesting tank!

fish fry

How bout an Emperor Angel....just kidding.
You can't go wrong with a percula clownfish. Colorful, loads of personality. I'm also a big fan of Scooter Blennies - a lot of fun to watch.
How reef safe are those flame hawks? Is it true that they will destroy/eat everything in a DSB? And is it true that they are bullies.
Thanks
Fry

mal

go for a marine betta / comet. They are awsome looking fish, and once they get used to the tank they have definate personalities. Mine swims backwards at me if he doesn't like where I'm looking in my reef. I have a tiny one in my FO tank that just began to do this too. Never bothered other tankmates, not even tiny snails or hermits. The one in my reef is big.

what about something live a Valentine Puffer
or Dragon wrasse
or something more difficult like a Marine Robin (flying fish) depending on tank size
or the ever lovely Princess Parrot?
Dan

ok just re-read....forget the robin and the parrot....he he he
although you might have fun with a Anthia " Pseudoanthias pleurotaenia" they have some color

von_rahvin

I love Jawfish!!!!
I aslo would like to second the dragon wrasse. I have one in my reef, he and my jawfish are the most fun. THe jawfish build their little holes and the dragon wrasse just cruises awound, well he like wafts like a leaf through the water. sometime he grabs rocks from the jawfosh and puts them into a pile. the the jawfish grabs the rocks back.
also my dragon is a complete favorite of my chick. she just adores the little thing.

How about a mated pair of true perc clowns a blue spotted jawfish and of course gotta have the lawnmower blenny they are the most comical fish to watch expecially if you have a cleaner wrasse also a nice addition to any reef tank is a sixline wrasse they weave in and otu of the rocks all day long