Picking an RO unit

jerthunter

I know this question gets asked alot, but can you recommend a good ro unit that can be used both for tankwater and drinking water?
I have had my current unit for a few years now, and it seems to work fine still. However, I am moving shortly and would like to get a new unit, one with a holding tank and a drinking water dispenser.
I've found several options, one being a unit I found at lowes which seems to be much cheaper then some listed at the major aquarium sites. Unfortunately there is very limited information that I have found for the lowes one (It doesn't list its flowrate or its efficiency.)
My preference would be to avoid online auctions sites as I haven't had the best experience with them.

veni vidi vici

I picked up a under sink RO unit, Omni Filter at Menards.Its a 4 stage unit with a 5 gallon resivior.I added a DI canister and its just a good as any RO/DI unit out there.I have it hooked up under my utility sink and it comes with a faucet.If i remember correctly i paid around $220

sign guy

build your own its much cheaper and you have the ability to to build the way you want. I made a thread on how to build one a while back it still in my history

fattony

I bought mine off of that site that starts with an e and has Bay in it, and to be honest, I couldn't be happier with it. I have been using it for nearly 6 months now and get 0 TDS out of it. It has the Filmtek membrane and all..

cveverly

I also used that E and Bay site and I bought the brand called WaterGeneral Manufacturing. For around 150 dollars you get one with the pressure tank and faucet. I have 140 TDS going in and 0 TDS coming out of the filter. Very happy with the one I have. I got the dual stage DI.

fishfreak1242

I got my RO/DI unit from ************** and I LOVE it. It gives me 0 tds even before the DI. I would definitely check them out. They are having a special this month.