Picking tank mates

r33f3r

I have an orange-spotted goby and 2 clowns in a 29. Here are some possible fish that I want to add. Note: I'm just adding one...maybe 2. My tank has a lot of liverock, like 50 pounds between the dt and sump.
1. Fairy wrasse (would also get eggcrate)
2. Clown goby
3. Panda Goby
4. Royal Gramma
5. flasher wrasse
6. Spotted hawkfish
So which can I get and which can I not? Do you think I can handle more fish than just one?
I also keep a lot of leathers and LPS

burpuffer

In that size of a tank 3 fish would be my choice, you can have more fish but your bio load is going to increase which means more maintenance. I wouldnt put another goby being you already have one in the tank because gobies can get territorial.

oneradtek

yea dont get anohter goby. they can be very territorial unless you have a large enough tank. I would go with the gramma. its a hardy, interesting fish. Or go for a small wrasse, im partial to my six line but they can get nasty. i think it would be ok though since it would be the last fish to be added.

fishmamma

my answer would depend on your clowns, what kind are they? I would go gramma from your list or firefish/neons if you wanted to add more gobies. A bi-color blenny could work as well, might be a nice gobie alternative for you.