picky eaters.

trigger40

i just bought a pair of tank raised acellaris clowns and i have not had luck getting them to eat well. they are most certainly willing to eat they just dont like what i give them i gess. they go after it and bite it and spit it out. out of the entire feeding they might actualy eat one little piece during the entire feeding. right now i am feeding with rod's. any suggestions for food they will like.

tonysi

Which one of rods foods are you feeding? Try maybe just straight mysis shrimp, I've never had problems feeding that.

jay0705

I had the same issue w mine at first. Call the place u got them from and see what they fed them. In my case it was frozen brine and hikari s pellets

tonysi

Just mysis is fine, add some selcon so they get some extra vitamins. With time they will start eating other foods. :t^:

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger40 http:///t/397776/picky-eaters#post_3546773
mysis was what my lfs was feeding them. but is mysis all they need?

Hi,

Just a little FYI... if you have live rock, your fish have more to eat then just the food you give them. The little critters in the rocks are yummy healthy treats, and the fish will spend the day nipping algae off the rocks, and eating the tiny critters all day long.