pics from thailand

kwolfskill

My vote would be for pretty much any type of underwater digital, or if you already have a digital camera you like to use, see if anyone makes an underwater "enclosure" or "housing" for it. These are now available for a number of the small digital point and shoot Canons and Nikons at relatively reasonable prices. If you want to get a new underwater camera, my favorite brand is Sea & Sea, easy to use and they take great pictures.
The three great things about digital are 1) you can see how a shot turned out (at least whether you actually got the fish in the picture) on their lcd display, 2) you can take a lot of pictures before needing to change film/memory or batteries, and if you are diving you can't change either without pretty much ending the dive, 3) you can set the camera to take movies.
If you want to go with 35mm (my favorite underwater camera is my Sea & Sea MX-10 35mm, just wish it was digital), check the scuba shops around you to see if they are closing out their 35mm underwater cameras (or have used ones for sale), and you can save a bunch of money.
Do a web search for "underwater cameras" or "underwater digital cameras", etc. and you will get a bunch of hits.
Hope this helps.
BTW - love your name(s) and avatar.

kwolfskill

>>go to muai, and take the snorkel trip out to molokini
I'll second a trip out to molokini. :jumping: We went diving there and there are a bunch of garden eels that live in the sand in the middle of the crater. They look like a bunch of blades of grass swaying in the breeze.
Anyone on these message boards that likes to travel, definitely should learn to scuba dive. It is amazing to see what our little reefs look like in real life. Snorkeling is also great, but for me, diving is actually easier, and you get to see more stuff.

kwolfskill

That is me, doing one of my life's dreams of diving on the Great Barrier Reef.
Attached are a couple of pictures from the second day of diving. That beautiful clam is about 3 feet across, and that Titan Trigger eating the slate pencil starfish (I think?) was about 4.5 feet long and about 2.5 feet from top to bottom. Everything was so big it was truely awe inspiring.

larryndana

both of you have some sweet pictures.
kwolfskill, looks like a blue linckia star.
elkomom, is she married, lol, just kidding.

elkomom

And her answers are>>>>>
Ok.. I have dived phuket, but those pics were taken at Koh Tao
I dont' know the camera, but I'll get the stats on it for you later. My two friends are professional photographers. I didn't take those
AND..
those aren't clownfish.
they are called mock clownfish here.
I dunno what they are called in the U.S, though