Pics/new addition

I want to put a divider into my sump so I can tee off my "from-tank" line into a low flow fuge, and then the other line into the main sump. That way I can divert the "pod-flow" around the intaker for my protein skimmer. Sounds good right?

leigh

I don't exactly follow (but I'm the sort of person who can only think in diagrams/pictures) but if it'll work for you, and if you don't want to break down the sump...another way to add a divider is to take egg crate and put fiberglass window screen on it...of course that lets water flow through, but it can be used as a barrier against getting substrate into pumps or keeping fish/inverts out of part of a tank...and it can be done in a wet tank...just more food for thought...

OK here is a quick sketch of what I described. The changes (in green) would section off the left most side of the sump, and a "channel" in the back of the sump so the pods can flow through the channel to the return pump w/o being sucked into the skimmer. To do this right I imagine I'll need to drain the sump and use silicone to stick the acrylic to the sides of the sump. Make sense?

leigh

LOL, good luck, if you want an actual bulkhead that needs to be siliconed in yes the tank must be drained...i was just trying to toss out a low frills alternative if it works for you, but you certainly know your setup better than i do! :)
make sure you post pictures again for us when you're all done!
-leigh