Pics of 11 month 29 gallon reef

N

ncntve81

I wanted to post some pics of my 29 gallon that I've had going for 11 mnths now. These pics show the progress that I've had. Let me know what you think

N

ncntve81

I will put some actinic pics up once the daylights go off

clown123

i like ur clowns that female is HUGGGGE compared to the male they will be breeding in time for sure if ur water quaility is good nice tank

N

ncntve81

I have 110W PC lights, and no I don't have a sump or fuge.

N

ncntve81

Its actually a Herald's angel a.k.a False Lemonpeel. Its a pretty peaceful fish. He hasn't really messed with any of my corals, so I have no complaints.

enriqueb

beautiful tank. i hope mine will look as nice as yours minus the reef stuff. I have a question for you though. Do you have a protien skimmer and if so what kind? I have a 29 FOWLR that has been set up for almost 5 months and dont have a skimmer and cant seem to decide whether i really need one or not.... also what kind of filter are you running ? and what fish do you currently have in there? i see a lemonpeel, two clowns and maybe two other damsels and 2 chromis?? anyway, really nice set up. looks great. thanks for any help. E

bailey52

enriqu.. i have a FOWLR in my 90 and I didnt think I needed a skimmer.. well i found one for a good price on 3bay, and man.. after you see the absolute gunk it takes out... you need one.... also, water becomes clearer

N

ncntve81

enrique,
I have a SeaClone skimmer. A lot of people say they don't work well, but they are trying to use it on huge tanks. Even though it says up to 100 gallons its no where that good. Yet, as for a 29 gallon it works very well for me IMO. For the price, you get what you pay for, don't expect too much more. I plan to upgrade to a 90 gallon FOWLR, then I will be purchasing a Euroreef skimmer. I hear they are pretty good.

socko6774

woww, that looks awsome!!! i have a 29 gallon as well, your tank gives me hope, lol. how many fish do you have n there? and what kind of lights do u run exactly, im getting a 3 x 64 watt pc set up 1 10k bulb, 1 50/50 and 1 antinic, is that similiar to yours?

zanoshanox

Hey 81, I have a seaclone too on my 20 long. And the first couple dyas it filled up like half a cup, and nwo it hasnt done anything for me for like the last three weeks... Whats the matter with it? I mess witht he little airline stopper all the time and alls that does is make more bubbles and make it louder....Am i doing something wrong?