Pics of 1700 gal Shark Tank

novice150

Originally posted by PhoenixOfThePyre
Nice tank!!
Btw, how much did you pay for those sharks?? I'm jusr curious to see if my LFS is overpriced on them. Thanks!! :D

I paid $90 for the horn, $25 for the bamboo (egg), $180 for the leopard, and $1000 for the black tip.

wamp

Thanks for the info novice.. It will help in my design. I do not belive I will be going as lasrge as yours however. Possibly a 850. It will not be sharks, but rather a community tank.
Anything you would have done diffrent?

Wow! my LFS is selling a leopard for 250.... I've noticed something.. Even though they are so close to the ocean and they can go out and find animals and domticate them( if thats legal) it costs more. Im in fl, and it costs more to buy tropical fish, than my dad that lives in illinois.

novice150

Originally posted by BigEyedFish
SWEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!! Great Job Novice
How many damsels do you have now? :D

None. Most made it through the cycle, but none of them made through the black tips mood swings.

novice150

Wamp: There really isn't much I would change about the tank, or its construction. You already know about the silicone/bulkhead incident. If I could have done one thing different, I would have more space behind the tank. Unfortunatly the dimensions/shape of my basement would not allow it. There is approx. 40" behind the tank, I'd prefer around 96".
There are a few things I would like to add in the future. I'd like to add electronic float valves to replenish evap water automatically, and I'd like to add the monitoring/alarm system I mentioned in my previous post.

bbronco

very nice tank!!! i would love to have one that big!!!!
what do you feed them? what does it cost a day to feed them?

novice150

RyeBread & bbronco: Thank you. :) I do have pics of my other tanks, and will post them tonight.
I buy most of the sharks food in bulk from an asian market. It costs between $50-$100 per month to feed the sharks, depending on what I buy. The sharks are fed every 2-3 days, and eat a variety of items. Their diet includes, cod, flounder, halibut, scallops, silversides, shrimp, squid, octopus, cuttlefish, clams, and anything else thats on sale.