Pics of Aquarium

grue

Only An 80. Woman and I are in discussions
As to next tank. I want an 8x2x2 she thinks I am insane. We are moving soon, and I will map out a wall to put the replacement tank. I am sure that when we decide a place I will be able to place any tank there that will fit.
Grue

mch2o

I would try some more rock in there that u don't have already. tonga, marshall anything like that to give your tank alittle more different kind of coloring.

don1234

Im definately going to add more live rock.....I would like to find two peices about 7 inches wide and maybe about 14 - 15 inches tall to place toward the back to help fill in the bare spots. It would be nice if I could find them and they were narrower at the bottom and wider towards the top that way I could have two platforms that I could rest corals on that needed more light.

mch2o

That would work try using some Tonga slabs u can get big enough pieces for what u want. just call who ever you are looking to buy rock from and tell them what u are lliking for they will work with u.

don1234

Let me go back to what Anonome said earlier....what all should I allow to grow on the back glass..I know coraline algae which I love the color and there is some already growing there...a little. What about green? Should there be anything green growing back there. Lately there has been like a green film trying to grow, but I have been cleaning it off. It kind of powders off into the water when I run the Magna float over it. Is that the substance that I should leave?

grue

On the back glass leave it all. NEVER touch it. I have found that coraline grows faster with a bit of alge to stick to. The other alges will be food for everyone else that needs a quick snack. Snails Lipids Starfish coral beautys etc. They will keep it under control and it will never get out of hand.
On the Shaped rock.....Live rock is not hard to shape. I personally drill holes in it and wack it with a chisel and hammer. I use an cement drill bit in a regular drill. Next time I shape a piece I will post photos.
Grue

mch2o

On the Shaped rock.....Live rock is not hard to shape. I personally drill holes in it and wack it with a chisel and hammer. I use an cement drill bit in a regular drill. Next time I shape a piece I will post photos.
Grue
Wow Grue. Thas is awsome I didn't think about that. I'll most likey do that to some of my 150 lbs of lives rock tomorrw will post pics of the rock. when I get home.

don1234

Originally Posted by don1234
http:///forum/post/2756735
Okay heres pictures....any suggestions and comments welcome...4 months later...

Okay I decided to add a black background. So now six months up and running. Here are updated pictures.

trouble93

I went through the same thing...I thought it would look good with a open back until about 20 people said the same thing get a back ground so I did and I'm glad I did it makes a world of diffrence. And add some more live rock...All in all your tank looks good keep up the good work!!!!

V

vince-1961

My used tank came with the outside glass painted black on three sides ... as in spray can or brush. I scraped it off the short sides (b/c I love looking down the tank lengthwise.) Left the paint on the back side, except for a few spots where I know fish hide behind the rocks (this way, I can walk behind the tank and spy on them occassionally.)

C

cristiangarcia

'''Pass on the back ground"" lame...leave it as a natural environment and not that paper crap!!! I enjoy seeing the misc...additives such as filters and what not. It shows the work and all other good stuff we have to do for our tanks...this isnt a lame fresh water tank with crappy lame backgrounds in it ya know! well thats my opinion and I stick to mine! look at mine and I love the way it looks ..no background imitation-garcia

mcbdz

Originally Posted by cristiangarcia
http:///forum/post/2823511
'''Pass on the back ground"" lame...leave it as a natural environment and not that paper crap!!! I enjoy seeing the misc...additives such as filters and what not. It shows the work and all other good stuff we have to do for our tanks...this isnt a lame fresh water tank with crappy lame backgrounds in it ya know! well thats my opinion and I stick to mine! look at mine and I love the way it looks ..no background imitation-garcia
Your tank is nice but, would be much nicer with the back painted black. I'll show some old examples.

Big difference.
Pattie