Pics Of my 10g NANO

aggies50

I havn't posted anything on this website in a while so I figured I would post some new pictures. I know there are a lot of open spaces on the rock right now but Im kinda broke.
Plans for future:
1. Connect that Ricordea that I have laying in the sand bed to a rock. Im not really to sure how to do that though.
2. Buy some Pulsing Xenia
3. Buy a frogspawn
4. Buy a few more Ricordeas
5. Then buy some really pretty blue coral. Im not sure what it will be yet but my tank needs some blue in it. I'm open for suggestions on what kind I should get.

nanokid

hey im thinking about getting 2 clowns like yours for my 12 gallon aquapod and in my aqua i have a bubble tip anemone and it blooms alot but what does your host in? do they need a anemone to host in or they just find a spot and chill right there and also how many pounds of live rock in there and how many watts do u have and whats your temp right now mines at 80. sry bout all the qustions just trying to get my tank set up for 2 clownfish. your clowns look so healthy!!!!! keep up the good work looks great :cheer:

aggies50

Ok lets see here. I think there are about 15lbs of rock in there with a 2 inch sand bed, I'm not 100% sure though. It was a long time ago when I got it all. I have a 96 watt coralife power compact. I keep my temp around 78-80. Clownfish dont need an anemone to host. They can be just as happy without one. Im really to scared to put an anemone in my tank because if it dies it releases a toxin into the water. As a result everything in your tank will die. And I don't want to take that chance with mine. So be careful. It's ok in bigger tanks but in a nanos its a pretty risky. I have however seen clowns hosting in bubble corals or frogspawns before in home aquariums. Its kinda odd but hey what ever they like right? Also just because there is an anemone in your tank doesn't mean that they will host to it. Sometimes clownfish are really picky and will avoid it. How long have you been in the hobby?

nanokid

ok umm 2 months and 2 weeks or 3 i have had a maroon in there but i dont know y it died after the next day i got it but whats cool about the maneger and his 2 sons are they like us we like them and there gonna give us something for free like another clown or a nano coral some like that but ya ive been had it for a wile i have 4 blue leged hermits and 2 mexican turbo snails in there along with some other coral i have in there

nanokid

yep and everything is perfect i just dont get it mabey my light when i had my eclipse or something but now i have a 66 watt 2 moonlights and 2 daylight lights in my aquapod

aggies50

Your light shouldnt effect your fish at all. Hmmm.... thats weird! I dont know what it could have been then.

nanokid

OoOoOoOoO mabey cause my water wasent cycled. i have been thinking about what would have caused them to die because i got them in like the first 5 weeks or something

aeval

Personally, I like the blue mushrooms I have seen on here in some people's tanks. I wish I had some...
I don't know very much about corals. My husband does, but I'm still learning.