pics of my 20g nano

Hi all here are a few pics of my nano reef. I have a 175w ushio 10000k and 2 x 28w 03 pc actinics for lighting, and for filtration about 30-40 lbs lr a prizm skimmer, and a empty aquaclear in which i run carbon and phosguard. Also for circulation I have a powersweep 214 and two aquaclear 301 powerheads.

salty jeff

VERY BEAUTIFUL TANK! I love how you are doing your own frags in the same tank as the original coral! How long has it been set up?

jim27

Hey its cal from NR.
Whats that dark blue fish in the first pic? I never noticed it before.

Thanks all for the kind comments. The tank has been set up about a year and a half and came from a 55g reef that I tore down to go with mh instead of the normal output fluorescents I had on it. There is around 30lbs or so of fiji lr, the sand is a thin 1"-2" layer of sugar fine aragonite, no sump or dsb. The water temp runs at a steady 81-82", in the summer I have a strong fan blowing straight down on the surface for cooling, in the winter I have a smaller pc fan. Hey Jim how's the nano going? That blue fish is a coral beauty angel.

jim27

Oh its a coral beauty, cool. So how many fish does that make in there? Three right? I've been planning on adding another fish or two to my 18g tall ever since my sixline took a flying leap, right now all it has is one clown.
My nano's doing pretty good. I think I've finally beaten the bad hair algae outbreak I had in it for about 2 months. All the corals were growing fast and everything but the tank was just GREEN. Had to take all the rocks out and scrub them with a tooth brush, then I added turbo's and scarlets and things have been looking really good for the past few weeks so I'm hoping its all smooth sailing from here.

Way too many fish actually, lol. Clown pair, neon goby pair, eight line wrasse, green clown goby, dispar anthias, and a fiji damsel, and that coral beauty.