pics of my 20g nano

jim27

Originally posted by amphiprion15
Way too many fish actually, lol. Clown pair, neon goby pair, eight line wrasse, green clown goby, dispar anthias, and a fiji damsel, and that coral beauty.

DAMN lol. Nine fish, got a little carried away there didn't ya.
So I see(or read) you have a powersweep in there too, how do you like it?

The powersweep works well and I've had it for a few months already, maybe around 6 or so. Also trates are around 5-10 even with that many fish because of the clams.

Actually its down to seven because one of the neon gobies jumped and the anthias kept getting skinnier and finally died unfortunately. I won't be adding anymore fish, it works though because of the clams taking up nitrates, otherwise I'd say 3-4 fish max in a 20.

zack schwartz

clownfish-
Hey, for lighting what do plan to keep and what size tank, PC are good option if you want for that. Usually LR and LS are used in nanos are filtrtion.

Yea I'd say pc if you're not going for the high light sps and clams in general, but if you want to go that route metal halide is the best imo. For filtration, a skimmer helps for sps but isn't really needed. Live rock is the main filter to use.

brooklyn johnny

Hey Cal that's a sweet piece. If you ever get the chance I'd love to see a good macro shot of that guy's polyps. Where you originally pick that guy up?

alsie

Curious about where you got a lot of your stuff. Can you clue us in please. To be honest I haven't seen much of what you have in the Reef stores around my location. I follow what Salt Water fish offers but haven't got a clue where to purchase a lot of stuff. Tanks in advance.

I am lucky enough to live in Northern California where there are a bunch of awesome stores and fellow reefers to buy/trade with. Most of my sps come from other reefers, I think all of them, and the softies/zoos I bought or traded for, and the ricordia and mushrooms same story. Clams I traded for and bought, here is a new clam I got yesterday.

alsie

amphiprion15 - for the last 41 years I have never been jealous because I has a super wife - terrific kids - awesome cars - half decent job but today a little crept in when I saw your nano. You have given me lots of thought of what I want to add and with a little patience might be able to do it. If a tank is a reflection on your goals youre doing a pretty good job. Again thanks for sharing. Awesome job !!!!