Pics of my 30g> comments please!

chefben

Ok I haven't seen many tanks here with black sand. Here are a few pics of mine! Let me know what ya'll think!!! Thanks
-ben

N

nemo_66

looks great but i don't think a 30g is big enough for the foxface

chefben

yeah I know I rescued him and I am getting a 180 bowfront made soon. He will be much happier in there!

X

xrobbx03

theres an awesome tank with black sand at one of the LFS that i go to as a display. I will try and snap a picture next time i go.

granny

Chef,
I think it looks terrific! Suggest you put black cover-that tank decor stuff-on the back in black as well-it will block view of your overflow and wires and really make your tank pop even more!
Wonder how it affects diatoms and cyano-since black absorbs light rather than reflecting it, might it decrease the growth of both????

mag395

Love the rock work. The sand looks cool too. Does the black sand hide the dirt/fish poo/algae better than regular sand??

stanlalee

Really love the black sand! I also like the rock work. I am not really a fan of small tanks filled it to the brim with liverock so I dig this kind of set up.

goodwin9

I think that you've done a good job with the rock work. I'm not a fan of black sand, but to each his own. I would agree that a background (blue maybe), would look pretty good and hide your filtration.

chefben

The only problem with black sand it the LR rubble messes it up. I knew I couldnt keep it solid black but my new goby is helping out!

ray28576

Looks great, but I'm not a fan of black sand. I think it makes a tank look more like a freshwater, but your aquarium looks really good. It would look great with a black BG. It would go well with the sand and make all of the color contrast beautifully.

P

phishface

i think it looks good! and also agree with the backround comments of the others.