pics of my 55 gal tank

angelsrock

Originally Posted by N.Y.METS
i like eels, sharks, seahorses, can i get rid of the sea horses,keep the eel and the shark(for a little while before i up grade to a 125g will the shark and eel be ok :needhelp:
when everyone has told you you need to get rid of the shark egg and we are people that have been in this a long time, maybe you should listen.

sankysyuck

Yea unless your waiting for a disaster, even if this person was a Red Sox fan I'd still encourage to do something very diffrent with that tank. (By the way it's a beautiful tank, I wish I had an in-wall aquarium, you've just gotta change your livestock)

fishieness

sea horses are not recomended with almost all fish except for pipe fish. This is not because all other fish will pick on/eat your seahorse. It is because they are too slow. They move too slowly to be able to compete for food with other fish. your clown fish will eat all of the food before the seahorse would get any. So he will starve to death

sankysyuck

I agree, it is possible however, you just need to make absolutely sure that the seahorse is receiving daily food. By the way, seahorses not only need to eat well, but they also must be fed very nutricious food to make sure it says healthy. It's gonna take more than just brine shrimp to keep them healthy. As I was saying, I would advise not to include any fish with seahorse except pipefish which are very closely related (in the same species) but if you wish to try then so be it.

edwar050

The kicker with the eel as stated in the last two posts is that he will likely take away food from the seahorse or attack the sea horse by mistake during feeding. I would try to feed the eel first a little bit of food, wait 5 minutes see if the eel is full feed the eel again, and then feed the seahorse. Just an idea-

bigb

Originally Posted by sensesfail
Is it cool to have seahorses with shrimp?
You should start your own thread with this question, you'd get more responses.

n.y.mets

traded the moray for a cinnamon clown and then bought a snowflake eel,,when the bamboo shark hatches i will trade it in on another clown so can i keep :help: 2 sea horses 2 clowns and a snowflake eel :needhelp: :needhelp:

sankysyuck

Yes but, you still cannot keep a moray eel and cinnamin clowns with seahorses. Seahorses need a SPECIES ONLY tank which includes seahorses and pipefish. You can take the risk with some fish such as a percula clown or very small passive fish, but even that is a risk. If you REALLY like seahorses, I suggest you trade the ones you have in and get Dwarf seahorses, but for a diffrent tank. Dwarf seahorses can live in tanks as small as 1 gallon, they are much easier then larger seahorses to keep, however, they still need their own species tank. So maybe if you have a 10 or 20 gallon (try to get the tallest possible available tank, they like tallness) you could get maybe 10 or 20! You can even order pregnant ones that way you can raise them yourself. If your interested, let me know and I'll e-mail you the websites where you can buy them. They're VERY cheap, about $4 for one.

scully

Originally Posted by SankysYuck
So maybe if you have a 10 or 20 gallon (try to get the tallest possible available tank, they like tallness) you could get maybe 10 or 20! You can even order pregnant ones that way you can raise them yourself. If your interested, let me know and I'll e-mail you the websites where you can buy them. They're VERY cheap, about $4 for one.
I'm interested. Would you email me that info too?? michelle.sw@cox.net
THANKS!

n.y.mets

Yes but, you still cannot keep a moray eel and cinnamin clowns with seahorses. Seahorses need a SPECIES ONLY tank which includes seahorses and pipefish. You can take the risk with some fish such as a percula clown or very small passive fish, but even that is a risk. If you REALLY like seahorses, I suggest you trade the ones you have in and get Dwarf seahorses, but for a diffrent tank. Dwarf seahorses can live in tanks as small as 1 gallon, they are much easier then larger seahorses to keep, however, they still need their own species tank. So maybe if you have a 10 or 20 gallon (try to get the tallest possible available tank, they like tallness) you could get maybe 10 or 20! You can even order pregnant ones that way you can raise them yourself. If your interested, let me know and I'll e-mail you the websites where you can buy them. They're VERY cheap, about $4 for one.
yea email me the site for seahorses justmybabymamma@aol.com thanks

joec21

Mydaydream@inorbit.com

hot883

Contact info please. Ha! bcool831@pldi.net Thanks so much