pics of my 55 i just set back up

skirrby

well its finally clear enough to share some pics. still a little cloudy, probably be clear tomorrow.. just threw some dead shrimp in last night to get the cycle going. i really like the way i did the rocks this time.. only took me about 10 min to get them set this way.. i normally spend hours, but this just said perfect. wish the sand wasnt all over them, they still have alot of color from when they were in it before i broke it down.. cause i kept them in saltwater the whole time the tank wasnt running.. well here she is tell me what you think.. just waiting on the cycle now.

skirrby

worked on my closed loop system with a scwd again today.. and forgot to fix the one part that was leaking lol.. gonna hopefully get that running on the tank soon.. im going more sps this time. at least i plan to, so im gonna be kicking up the flow alot more. the returns coming back at about 500 gph, and theres one powerhead at 110gph. threw out 2 powerheads that broke on me. gonna get some more. but adding in the closed loop with be flowing about another 500 gph. so once its all going i should have plenty of flow with alot of random currents.

promisetbg

It looks great!
Get a turkey baster for your tank and you can blow off the rocks.If you do this on a regular basis anyway..all the time..it keeps them clean and food/detritus free.
Call me when you get off work..I have some good news and some bad news.