Pics of my 560

crox

Originally Posted by tnn1567
It's a female manderian golby. I think it's a she and she is really fat.

I believe it's a male.

brucewrs

Originally Posted by Catawaba
A tank that size would have to be acrylic wouldn't it?

Thats what I would think but it looks like glass......If it is glass it has to weigh a TON!!!.

tnn1567

To answer some general questions:
The tank is 3/4" thick glass and the bottom portion is 1.5" with 3 layers of .5" thick glass. Tang weigh about 1700 to 1900 lbs just the tank itself. The tank is oceanic.
The list of fish I have are:
School of blue tangs (6)
2 large blue tang 8"
2 med blue tang 6"
2 smal blue tang 4"
1 male naso 15"
1 female naso 8"
6 chromis 1.5" to 2.5"
2 fairy wrasse 3"
1 vlagamin tang 8"
1 purple tang 5"
1 sohol tang 6"
1 powder blue 5"
2 false perks
1 lawnmower blenny 5"
1 red fire fish 2.5"
1 cardinal fish 1.5"
1 maderian golby 2.5"
1500+ peppermint shrimp (caught these shrimps in Port Aransas, TX)
List of dead fish: Caused of death
3 archilles tang: ph swing to 7.5
1 kole tang: live rock: Found this fish under live rock three times in three different location.
1 red sea salfin tang: refuse to eat
1 red firefish: MIA
10 tiny blue tangs: 1/2" size: could not compete for food
3 large clams: due to ph swing
9 chromis: MIA
500+ peppermint shrimps: MIA, ph, or eaten by other fish.
8 cleaner shrimps: PH swing
Corals
1 Rose anemone
1 green anemone
1 large purple tip frogspawn
1 large neon hammer coral
1 large orange cap
1 large purple cap
3 pink/green frowspawn
50+ ricordeas
1 large candy cane
1 large kenya tree
1 med bubble coral
1 xl pink torch coral
2 acans

tnn1567

List of equipment
1 Myreefcreation with dual beckett injectors
1 Mag 24 Pump: return
2 Mag 18
3 Tunze pump
1 myreefcreation calcium reactor
2 Red Sea 200 ml/mg ozonizer
2 phosban reactor
10 maxijet power head which I recently removed all
1 dual 250 watts PFO
1 triple 175 watts hamilton MH with 60 dual vho
2 UV Sterilzer
1 1/4 JBJ artic chiller
1 1/10 CSL chiller
A little information about myself. I am an active member of the dfwmas.org club. I started off with an 80 gal tank and many members were mad at me when they saw that I had 4 blue tangs, a large female naso, and several other fish where I packed in 200 to 300 lbs of live rock in the 80 gal.
That's why I got myself a 560 gal tank. I just love blue tangs and thought it would be cool if I could get a school of blue tangs.

lazypinoy

hey can i see a pic of ur equipment and sump if u have. u inspire me to get a new tank......
i love ur tank!!!!!!!

fishstix4u

your mandarin is very nice and looks healthy but.. its not a goby. its a dragonet and its a male.. if it has a big spike in front of its dorsal fin that signifies its a boy! Love the tank. excellent job... and crystal clear water as well... cant ask for more! good luck! and welcome.

dual45s

whistle Simply amazing. I can only hope someday to have enough expendable cash to do something like that.

tnn1567

Originally Posted by LazyPinoy

hey can i see a pic of ur equipment and sump if u have. u inspire me to get a new tank......
i love ur tank!!!!!!!

I'll try to post some more pics later this evening.
Originally Posted by FishStix4u

your mandarin is very nice and looks healthy but.. its not a goby. its a dragonet and its a male.. if it has a big spike in front of its dorsal fin that signifies its a boy! Love the tank. excellent job... and crystal clear water as well... cant ask for more! good luck! and welcome.
I totally agreed that's it's a dragonet, and I was being lazy just typing out all the name. As for being male, I still believed it's a female. A male will have one dorsel while a female will have two dorsel.

tnn1567

Originally Posted by brucewrs
I noticed you have two Naso Tangs.One male and one female.How can you tell the difference?
The male has long streamers and female does not. Juvenile tang that has a U shape tale will eventually for streamers.