Pic's of my 60 gal

speg

Cool rock setup. I just have one remark.. and take it however you want... but the background... saltwater setups just look a whole lot better with either black/blue plain background.. if that background is something you cant live without that of course is your right to keep it.. but try a black or blue background and see what you think =c)

mimzy

I agree with Speg.
Your rocks look so nice all set up like that; a solid colored background would really showcase them a lot more - you want the stuff INSIDE the aquarium to draw your eyes - not what's behind it.
It doesn't have to be any specific color - deep blues give good depth, black makes colorful fish and the stark paleness of LS and LR really pop, and my tank has a purple background; because I'm obsessed with purple. :jumping:
Great start! Can't wait to see how it progresses! :joy:

hot883

Have ya had any problem getting those Molly Wolly's to eat.
(i know they are part of the back ground) But seriously. It would look 1,000,000,000 times
"Mo Betta" with it off and just painted plain black, blue whatevers. I have a solid blue background on mine.

mine?

I agree with everyone about the back ground.. If you could not tell it used to be fresh water tank. I am have trouble find plain colors thus why I have not changed it.

zephyrlily

Mine?, is the backside of your background black or blue, maybe you could flip it over.
Still your off to great start! Keep it up!
:cheer:

mimzy

You really don't have to buy another background - you can just paint the back of your tank!
And as Sweetdawn said - on the OUTSIDE, of course

If you'd prefer the ability to change colors, then you can get craft paper - wrapping paper - or paint some newsprint in the color you'd like it to be right now.
Laminate it once it's dry, and then use velcro tape to fasten it to the back of your tank.
If you really really really still want to buy something - then ***** and the like sell rolls of plain blue background by the foot.
Let us know what you decide to do! :joy:

julius

What kinda paint do you guys use for a background just wondering also should the top of the tank be covered before doing this.

hot883

:cheer:
:cheer: See how just that little background change made everyone happy? Ha! Big improvement, hope you likes. I do's Oh, sorry for the loss of the Molly's HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA