pics of my 75 reef! critique!

ryanhayes9

here are some pics of my 2 month old 75 gallon reef!
2 false perc. clowns
1 yellow watchmen goby
1 sixline wrasse
1 pygmy angel
1 phychodelic mandarin
1 Kole tang
Here are some pics.
also how many more fish can i get?

T

the gift

well nice picture? i think you have about stocked it up as much as you will be able to...

ryanhayes9

Originally Posted by ryanhayes9
here are some pics of my 2 month old 75 gallon reef!
2 false perc. clowns
1 yellow watchmen goby
1 sixline wrasse
1 pygmy angel
1 phychodelic mandarin
1 Kole tang
Here are some pics.
also how many more fish can i get?

more

stsweene

looks good so far, id work on addin more rock to try an hide some of those pipes, and it will help w/ the mandarin..it may eat mysis, but it still needs lots of LR to pick at.

freejury

I might suggest, IMO, before you spend money on anything else, you need to invest in at least 50lbs of good live rock. The lace rock looks awesome, but it just doesnt cut it for biological filtration. IMO....

reefkprz

The aqua scaping is great, I think you might enjoy trying one or two show size rocks (15-20lb) to give it an overall fuller/solid look while retaining your excellet ledges and caves. then if you dont like rocks that big you can always break them down to the size you want.
Looks great so far keep up the good work.

emmitt2

Looks great! You should get a sun coral for that cave, would look great!
Did you glue or attach the rocks together anyway? If not, i would definitely suggest getting some epoxy and conneting them. Those overhangs look like they could fall if anything causes them to shift even a little.
p.s.- what is that black piping for?

tree

Looking great for 2 months. I agree with what others have said about you needing more rock but thats just an opinion.
As far as more fish, wait for the bacteria that helps your tank to catch up with your current fishload. It can take a while. Also make sure your filtration is keeping up, watch your tank for a couple months and decide what you really want to add. Do some research on compatibility and requirements. Only you can decide if your tank can handle an additional fish or not.
Anyway - good job so far :)

ryanhayes9

thanks the black piping is my spraybar..... i might just move it to one end. and that big powerhead and teh gray box next to it will soon be gone

30-xtra high

maybe in a month add 1-2 small fish. maybe a royal gramma?, that kole you got in there really takes up fish count space.