Pics of my first tank!

L

lsu

I'd return the green and get a different color that is more peaceful.

D

dborne3

Well I don't find this Brittlestar to be aggresive at all. I just feed him a few pellets every now and then and he stays very happy. He never messes with any of my corals.
Here is a good pic of his color and my new coral and a good one of the leather.

tferrante

Great looking tank!
. I just started mine a couple of months ago, so I understand what you are going through....

nick76

Originally Posted by dborne3
Well I don't find this Brittlestar to be aggresive at all. I just feed him a few pellets every now and then and he stays very happy. He never messes with any of my corals.
Here is a good pic of his color and my new coral and a good one of the leather.
Yes it is nice and quiet now, Thats deffinatly a predatory green brittle star. When it reaches full size it will go after your fish. So im just giving you a heads up incase something goes missing one day.

D

dborne3

Originally Posted by Nick76
Yes it is nice and quiet now, Thats deffinatly a predatory green brittle star. When it reaches full size it will go after your fish. So im just giving you a heads up incase something goes missing one day.
Thanks for the heads up. I will find out how much he likes fish probably in the next two weeks when i hope to add me a clown fish.

D

dborne3

Well no need to wait on getting rid of the Brittlestar - when i was doing a water change yesterday i noticed that he was in a ball in the corner. SO i started worrying about why he was like that and come to find out he had a hermit crab in his arms ready for dinner. I was able to break them up and save the hermit. So later on today i am going to trade him in for credit
- i really liked him alot. I am looking to get an anemone and clown this coming week so dont want him in there with the new guys - so hes gotta go.

salt monger

i have a red serpant star.... very cool looking and peaceful..... only downside... you never see him when lights are on

ric maniac

very nice! and do not get an anemone yet. you need very strong light (you might already) and a very mature tank. at least one year old is recomended.

D

dborne3

Originally Posted by ric maniac
very nice! and do not get an anemone yet. you need very strong light (you might already) and a very mature tank. at least one year old is recomended.
The only reason im getting an anemone this early is because a friend has a ton and is giving me one for free - so y not try and see what happens.

D

dborne3

Got some more pics

I have added a few anemones, a pulsing xenia frag and a mixed zoanthid rock.

D

dborne3

Well the anemones have all moved to the back of the tank but are doing well. Also i started with 2 and now have 3 already.
But the good news is i finally got a clown fish to put in my tank and he (or she
) is a beauty! So here are some pics of the new clown and my new coral which is some sort of Pagoda -
i think- i forgot. (all the white dots are just bubbles from filter or from camera)

D

dborne3

Here's what the tank looks like as of 10-7-07
I have a little algae problem but working on that

D

dborne3

My newest addition is a small Diamond Goby to help sift the sand and get rid of that unwanted algae. He is so cool - all he does to scoop sand all day long.

grabbitt

Excellent addition

I love diamond gobies. Be sure you have a sealed top, though.
They tend to be jumpers...

D

dborne3

The Diamond Goby is a machine!! The tank looks so much better since hes been added.