Pics of my new HQI lighting

rdm

My Outer Orbit 150x2 39x4 T5HO came in today!
Attachment 197230
I have a 46bow so the light is just a little big for the tank.
I had to rig the legs a bit to work for now. The light will get hung as soon as a have a little more time. The HQI's sit perfectly on either side of my center brace (no obstruction). The T5's fit all on the water except for two very small slices in the front as the tank bows in at the ends.
I am very happy. The lighting effect of the HQI's is just astonishing. The picture does not do it justice. The only problem is now I can see all sorts of suspended particles that I could not see on PC lighting. will these settle out?
As always comments, questions and concerns are welcome.
-Ryan

mcbdz

Looks great.

As for the particals. Depends on your filteration. Do you have filter floss to help catch them and are you cleaning it frequently? You can run some carban filters and the polishes your water good.

rdm

Originally Posted by mcbdz
http:///forum/post/2587398
Looks great.

As for the particals. Depends on your filteration. Do you have filter floss to help catch them and are you cleaning it frequently? You can run some carban filters and the polishes your water good.

I have a floss pre filter in my overflow and another "block" in my fuge that the water passes through before it enters the pump chamber.

schnutzzy

Your lights and tank look great!!! I have a 72 bowfront and just received my lights also. 48" Sunpod 2x250's Wow what a differance from pc's. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine.

grabbitt

The tank looks great with that new lighting. Hopefully soon you'll start growing some nice coralline on those rocks