pics of my office aquarium

deejeff442

i have a 150 i might up to a 250 this winter.i couldnt decide to go reef or fish lr set up .yours is the first fo i have seen.those angels dont bother the leather?what is the fish in the 2nd pic an angle also?
the angels all get along?
i used to have a betta he was an awesome fish.
do you have any other corals?i would go fo if i could find some color for the rocks .have you ever had polyps and mushrooms?
if so did the angels eat them?
i have only 6 fish in my tank now and cant decide which way to go.
got plenty of room for 6-8 more

raedyaghnam

Leather is probably one of a few corals that the angels wouldnt bother...one other coral I have in there is a red gorgonea and it is doing fine also..the fish in the second picture are three angels a queen angel, a golden flake angel, and a juvi emperor angel...you can see a glimps of my volatin lion and the purple tang...not pictured is blue face angel and they all get along perfectly fine...
I do not recommend the mushrooms nor the polyps with the angels since they do tend to eat them...
The beauty of a fo tank and specially angels is that they are the coloration and center peices of the aquarium...they are great to watch and are very sociable...so are tangs..the Sohal Tang i have is something else...consider two or three angels and maybe a couple of tangs...and a lion maybe...

deejeff442

the trigger and lion dont bother the small fish?
i see there are all kinds of leathers are all of them safe?
i alreday have a purple tang and foxface
i like to add an orange shoulder tang and hippo.
was thinking emporer or queen angel.
you have alot of big fish in there what do you run for a sump?
i was thinking for a big tank like my 150 or bigger i dont want to put tiny reef fish in it that everybody has to search for.

crimzy

Looks amazing. I love the gold flake angel.

Not sure how that pajama cardinal survives with that big lion, though.

aquaknight

Defintely an interesting mix of fish. Two questions...
In the very first pic, is that the sohal tang, just in front of the Clown trigger and Purple tang? Looks to be bent over picking the rocks?
Second, what filtration/equipment are you running? Any pics of those?

raedyaghnam

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2835833
Looks amazing. I love the gold flake angel.

Not sure how that pajama cardinal survives with that big lion, though.

Thanks. I got the gold flake about 6 months ago and he has grown a lot since then. As for the Pijama It is one of the first fish I got and it is a real character....he actually eats from my hand....lol

raedyaghnam

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2835854
Defintely an interesting mix of fish. Two questions...
In the very first pic, is that the sohal tang, just in front of the Clown trigger and Purple tang? Looks to be bent over picking the rocks?
Second, what filtration/equipment are you running? Any pics of those?
Yes it is a Sohal...and what a fish it is....boss of the tank!!!! Ill take a couple of pics of the system for ya...

raedyaghnam

Originally Posted by deejeff442
http:///forum/post/2835807
the trigger and lion dont bother the small fish?
i see there are all kinds of leathers are all of them safe?
i alreday have a purple tang and foxface
i like to add an orange shoulder tang and hippo.
was thinking emporer or queen angel.
you have alot of big fish in there what do you run for a sump?
i was thinking for a big tank like my 150 or bigger i dont want to put tiny reef fish in it that everybody has to search for.
The lion did snack on a couple of green chromis but that was it...I feed it well and keep it happy...watching the emperor change colors from Juvi to adult would be great and the queen's character is awsome...as for the sump, ill snap a couple of pics for ya...and I agree with you go with the big boys for a big tank it is great to watch them...

deejeff442

funny i know my 150 gallon is a pretty big tank .but lookin at some of these 250 gallon tanks i cant help but want to go bigger .i have the room for a 2 foot longer tank .only thing i can think of is the new tank would go in the same spot and it would be a huge pain to swap it .if i thought i had the room for an angel ,3 tangs and the 7 or so other fish i had i wouldnt bother.
although your seems to have alot of fish .love to see your filter set up.

raedyaghnam

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2836513
is that a marine beta? i really like those guys, they just look really cool. how is he to feed?
Yes it is...and I agree they are one of my favourites...actually when I first got him he was really shy and would not eat well...as time went by he got more and more used to me and now he actually eats from my hand..I feed him brine, mysis and fresh shrimp...he is loving them!!!

mboswell1982

how aggressive is he? would one do ok in a large community tank? cause thats my next project once i finish the build im workin on right now is a large fowlr tank.