Pic's of my reef tank

salsells

you say clam likes on rock not sand, mine opens completely when on sand and on rock will open only part way, could you be wrong????

reeflaw

I put one of my clams on rock, and he is open and doing great. Looks good up there too with the reef.

E

exile415

Originally Posted by salsells
you say clam likes on rock not sand, mine opens completely when on sand and on rock will open only part way, could you be wrong????

your clam is a crocea and some people do put it on the sand, what kinda of lights are you running ? From what I know croceas are supposed to be on rocks right under MH bulb. That's where mine are and they look great.
Thanks for all the comments

reefer123

hey exile, do you think i should get some clams at the 6th ave. aquarium shop, in SF??
there like 40-50 bucks???

E

exile415

When they get it in the first day. That's what I do, After a few days they get sick and are very unhealthy. Once they get them in the first day which is on thrusday. They are all pretty healthy and you can get one. The clams are 2 coral card, It's really worth it. You can also try Tropical Reef on taraval and 28th. Very good deals.

salsells

I went ahead and put my clam on rock under lights, have T5 set up, and he seems very happy. I have brown algae on sand and i keep stiring it up but comes back, what is it and why are my cleaner crews missing it? Kinda like my maid, never gets all the dirt.

E

exile415

you have t5 lighting ? I don't think that's good enough for a clam .. They would like to be under metal halides.