Pics of my reef!

shrmnator

thanks..
pic #7 arrived to me in 62 degree water! was totally browned out, but is coloring back up nicely..
I am really enjoying the hobby so far.. I have lots of freshwater experience, but this tank was setup in january of 2006.. and seems to be easier to care for then my old freshwater tanks..
I keep calcium at 475, magnesium at 1300 - 1350, alk at 9.3dKH, salinity at 1.025, pH at 8.3.
Lighting is 2 x 250w HQI Hamilton 14K + 2 x 110w VHO super actinics.
Lighting in refugium is 2 x 20w NO fluorescent and I keep mostly chaetomorpha but also have some caulerpa mixed in as well as a DSB and LR in the sump and fuge.. Need a little more for the tank, but I am being very picky on any rock that I add from now on.. I will probably buy dried out rock, and cure it myself to ensure there are no algaes or predators in em.. The foil is mostly to reflect the light that will penetrate the home depot NO fixture that I have on there.. I keep the lights in the fuge on 24/7 for optimal macro growth and nutrient export.. I run carbon maybe one week out of the year.. all other filtration is my LR, a EuroReef CS180 protein skimmer, a phosphate reactor, and a UV that I run 24/7 as well.. I have a external 600gph overflow plumbed in with 1.5" PVC for output and for return I have a CA-1800 (600gph) return pump plumbed with 1" PVC.. I am upgrading the overflow to a 1200gph and getting a mag 12 within the next week.. Only other circulation is a Vortec.
Display tank is 75gallon
Sump is 20gallon
Refuge is 15gallon
Livestock as far as fish goes is:
3 Bangaii Cardinals
1 Cirrhilabrus Lineatus (lineatus wrasse)
2 true perculas
1 neon blue goby
1 mandarin
1 red scooter blenny
1 flame angel
I plan to add a few more fish in the next few weeks to liven things up just a little more.. Cant wait for the Bangaiis to start breeding!!

stimpy4242

The only comment I would make is i think you should spend the short amount of time to cover up your egg crate...sorta takes the "natural" away...

shrmnator

Originally Posted by stimpy4242
The only comment I would make is i think you should spend the short amount of time to cover up your egg crate...sorta takes the "natural" away...
its an eggcrate coral!! medium light, medium flow, needs lots of calcium and magnesium..

payton 350

what is that on the 7th picture below the orange zoo's with blue eyes....i have something very similar on a rock and just have no idea what that is.
thank you

jayc

Man!! I just love your tank!!Where did you get those bright red blastos? A LFS?
-Josh

pete43

what exactly are the green clove polyp looking piece 9th picture down?I've never seen any before.Are they encrusting?

shrmnator

Originally Posted by pete43
what exactly are the green clove polyp looking piece 9th picture down?I've never seen any before.Are they encrusting?
well, it is encrusting, but its an acropora