Pics of my tank

gootz

well i would like to think i have superpowers but here is a list of my fish most agrresive to least
niger
blue-line
undulate
clown
kind of weird right, my clown is really not aggreive at ALL and my undulate is shy. My blue-line is small but trys to be big swim around with his gorn up, but the niger is the boss. Ive been doing research and once in a blue moon a docile clown pops up and I got one.

blemmy_guy

thanx gootz, its definataly a lot of fun, you should have seen it before i changed to the new filter, it didnt look neer as good, it has really helped! todd

gootz

ya im really liking your live rock. i am about to get some for my tank. I'm gonna start of with a little, perhaps 30 pounds and then I will work my way up from there.

gootz

almost forgot, just thought i add this little thing..........................
J.E.T.S. JETS JETS JETS

A

audioguy

Gootz,
I too have the same 150gal version that Blemmy has, that pipe your talking about just hooks up to the bulkhead on inside of the sump area. It doesn't affect the skimmer at all, just distributes the water evenly instead of just pouring it in, you could probably make one with a 90-degree elbow, about 4" of PVC and an end cap. Just cut some slots in the side of the PVC, glue it together then attach it to the bulkhead. The system as a whole works very well and as much flack as some wet/dry systems take, this one is designed intelligently because the skimmer pulls out the junk before it can accumulate on the bio-balls and raise the nitrates.
In order to get the dry foam, the air valve needs to be adjusted to make really tiny bubbles. If the valve is wide open, you'll get large bubbles and your cup will have some lightly tinted water and you may literally empty a 2-liter overflow bottle a couple times a day. It takes some tinkering, but be patient and you should get a couple cups of gunk each week.