Pics of my tank

sluggo

Ok that was my first try at resizing and posting pics on here. The tank is a 90 gallon Marineland wave front with a bout a hundred or so pounds of live sand and I forget how much Live rock. I know I need more rock and I add it as I find pieces that I like. Tank inhabitants are:
Chocolate Chip Starfish
(3) Pajama Cardinals
(2) Clowns
Medium Cowrie Snail
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
Lopezie Tang
Blue Hippo Tang
Coral Beauty Angel
Horseshoe Crab
Several Hermits
Don

ricks280

mateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! 90gal and two tangs?
however your tank looks good and keep on adding lr .
it looks as if your tank is only young keep un eye and dont rush.
keep us posted.(rick)

E

exile415

should get much more LR with that kind of bioload, also maybe a better filter. HOB's aren't much for a 90 IMO

sluggo

Originally Posted by ricks280
mateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! 90gal and two tangs?
however your tank looks good and keep on adding lr .
it looks as if your tank is only young keep un eye and dont rush.
keep us posted.(rick)

Ricks, two Tangs in a 90 gallon is not bad. Just have to be careful which varieties they are. I had three Tangs in my 45 gallon that I switched out of. I made a costly mistake on water changes on that tank and lost all three. I lost a Purple, Yellow, and a Blonde Naso. I have bought a few lessons in the last three years. The tank is young, just changed from the 45 gallon about four months ago.
Don

sluggo

Originally Posted by JayC
Nice tank! Can u get some pics of the tangs?
JayC, thanks. here are a couple of pics of the Tangs. They seem to be camera shy. Everytime I get the camera near the tank they hide. I will try to take some better ones tonight when I feed them.
Don

sluggo

Originally Posted by exile415
should get much more LR with that kind of bioload, also maybe a better filter. HOB's aren't much for a 90 IMO
exile415, I am getting more Live Rock a piece at a time as I find it that suits me. The local fish store cures their own and I visit there about evey Saturday to check them out. Sometimes they have some good looking rock and somtimes it looks like Reef Bones. I have more filtration, all you saw was the hang on skimmer. I am currently trying to design a a totaly new filtration system that I can build myself.
Don

jayc

Originally Posted by sluggo
JayC, thanks. here are a couple of pics of the Tangs. They seem to be camera shy. Everytime I get the camera near the tank they hide. I will try to take some better ones tonight when I feed them.
Don
Thanks! They both look really good and healthy. I love hippo tangs!