Pics of MY tank!

fishymissy

Very nice looking tank!!! I like the xenia too!!!
I wish my sand looked so good.......
I wanted to say that awhile back you had asked me what LFS I go to, I did reply, but I'm not sure you saw it. Anyway, PetMart (no S) on Bay Pines is very good and Aquatic Wonders on Park Blvd is excellent too. The last one sells aquacultured rock, and sometimes captive bred fish too. They also have a 2,000g show tank that I really, really want! ;)
To anyone that is concerned with mantis shrimp on aquacultured rock.....you can get mantis on ANY rock, and of the 100lbs or so of aquacultured rock I have bought, I did end up with one mantis. (But the lionfish took care of that for me :D ) The benefits far outweigh the negatives!!!!!

blondenaso1

Where exactly is the place one Park Blvd? I am going to be home for the summer and I definately want to check out some new places.

Very nice Naso!! I think Im gonna take a closer look at that canopy. Im gonna be building one real soon. Good Job and Keep it up!!

salty james

Hey Blonde,
Not sure about the one on park avenue, but the Marine Warehouse is my choice! They have an awesome selection, and the staff is somewhat knowledgable. Lots of big tanks, lots of selection.
Go north on I275 get off on 60 towards the airport. go north on veterans expressway, and get off at Hillsboro go left (west) about 5 miles on the right blue sign.
SJ

blondenaso1

Salty,
If I am coming from US 19 and Tampa Rd and I just go East on TR until it turns into Hillboro it will be about 5 miles before Verterans on the right? I am coming home for the summer on Friday, so I'll probably go check it out on Saturday.
Thanks again everyone for the compliments. I'll throw some more pix of the canopy up for anyone who wants a closer look.

fishymissy

Aquatic Wonders...4419 Park Blvd., Pinellas Park....(727)544-7893
Pet Mart...9699 Bay Pines Blvd., St. Petersburg...(727)398-7828
Both are very good stores! I like the Marine Warehouse store in Tampa too, although I've only been there once. I understand that you can go to the Tampa Bay Saltwater store, but I don't know where that is. Has anyone ever been there?
BTW....HEADS UP FOR ALL PINELLAS COUNTY FISH KEEPERS!!!!!
Tomorrow they start pumping chloramines into the water supply!!!!

blondenaso1

Wow Fishymissy, thanks for the heads of. I haven't been home in a while and didn't hear about that. Well that's great, just another way to pollute lakes, streams, and the ocean. I was just reading in Biology how much those things have messed up the enviornment.
By the way, TBS is on Hilsboro just east of Dale Mabry on the left. If you go to their site they have a pic of the store, so you can't miss it. Oh, and it's only open on Saturdays.
I think we have a Tampa Bay crew forming here!

fishymissy

Thanks for the info on TBS, I might have to persuade my hubby into going one Saturday! ;)
I don't know much about chloramines, how long does this stuff take to naturally break the ammonia, chlorine bond?

blondenaso1

Here is what I found out about chloramines. They are biocides added to water to killer bacteria. They break down very slowely and will not ionize in water. They are very hard to remove from water even through RO and activated carbon is far better to take them out.
So basically this stuff is bad news for aquarium keepers. I haven't read any articles on it, but when I get home I will look into it. I think are best hope is to ONLY use RO/DI water and to use activated carbon too. Fishy, did they say why they were adding it?