Pics of my Ten Gallon

tatoush

Beautiful tank......My nano aspires to be like that one day....yes... one day

Keep up the good work.
Lev

jake15

thank you, i am sure your nano will be just fine if you listen to the people on here, thats all i did.
Your fine keith
......got another rock yesterday

sweetdawn

wow nice rock what did you pay for it if thats not too nosy a question rock like that here would cost me at least 100

jake15

I paid $75 for it because it was in a display tank, but it is a nice size rock and has various shrooms and a ton of different colored zoos. Where there isnt a shroom theres zoos so i like it alot :jumping:

jake15

they old clown is cool with the new one so long as he doesnt go near his home(anemone). He will come out and swim but he better not swim to close or hell nibble at him

jake15

thank you, i am going to pick up a 75 gallon today...will post picks on other thread when i get it all around and up...im so excited.

bubashrimp

hey nice tank i
im new to this hobby and am wanting to make one just like it..im wounder about how much one like that cost.the 10 gallon. i got some numbers on the 55g tanks and how much they cost to set up and lets just say i want to conserve my money untell i know that i want to do this.

N

n_sarno

I have the blueish purple zoas w/ the red skirts and orange zoos identical to yours!
Your tank looks great!

S

sand125

Originally Posted by Jake15
This is my ten gallon reef tank, so far so good. I haven lost anything yet and i just got a 96 watt quad light and made moonlights. Let me know what you think and I am totally open for any suggetions to my aqua-scape or things to buy and what i need to change.
Jake

what kind of lighting do you have

jake15

The light that is on my tank is a Coral life 96 watt 20 inch quad fixture.
As for cost of setup
Tank - $10
Live Sand - $20
Live Rock - 25-30 lbs $125
Light - $100
Fluval -$70 (used)
Various Corals - about $200
2 Clowns - $25 a piece
Purple firefish goby - $28

jake15

The light that is on my tank is a Coral life 96 watt 20 inch quad fixture.
As for cost of setup
Tank - $10
Live Sand - $20
Live Rock - 25-30 lbs $125
Light - $100
Fluval -$70 (used)
Various Corals - about $200
2 Clowns - $25 a piece
Purple firefish goby - $28
So about $600 for what i got. But just to set the tank up you would need Live Rock, Filter, Live Sand, and a heater. so that would run you about 200-300. So not really worth it. What i suggest is you look for a used tank. You can pick up complete 55 gallon setups sometimes for 300-400. Thats just my advice.
Thanks
Jake

80sbaby

HEY JAKE, COOL TANK. I WANT A REFF TANK TO BUT ITS ALOT OF WORK. A TEN GALLON- I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HANDLE. I SEE YOU HAVE FLUVAL (WHAT SERIES)?
WHAT WOULD I NEED TO GO REEF IN THE TEN GALLON?

jake15

I have a fluval 204 and a whisper 60. I had a 304 but it was a lot of movemnt. And then i have 1 powerhead.
What you would need to go reef is good filtration, test kits, and a light. Thats about it. You will want to get either a 96 watt PC or 70-150 watt MH. I went with the 96 because i didnt want to deal with the heat issues and hanging it over my tank. But thats about really all you need if you are just trying to start up a reef

jakebtc

80sbaby smaller tanks dont always mean less work they require alot more daily inspection after initial setup they cost less to maintain