pics of new 55g

chadman

it is definately still a work in progress...but now when i am asking questions about stuff you guys can have a little idea what i am talking about....

chadman

ummm i'd say prolly around 80lbs or so..give or take a few lbs...we grabbed it on a couple different occasions so i'd have to check my receipts to see for sure...

chadman

he's been in there for about a week now...he seems to be doing well we've been treating the tank with kick ich for about a week now as well and he's been eating a lot of sea weed so our fingers are crossed

chadman

i am not sure whether it definately was ich on the tang but there are no spots on him anymore whether it was the kick ich that worked or raising the temp in the tank or feeding him a lot of seaweed or whether it was the cleaner shrims cleaning him off that got rid of the ich but whatever it was i do not see any signs of ich....

chadman

i know this my friend....i haven't heard the end of it since i first posted a question about the tang...like i said in other threads my lfs said that 55g was the minimal tank size and we loved the fish so we got it...i am currently convincing my gfriend to return him....i think she is coming around to the idea...

zanoshanox

you can keep him for a while. But you jut have to know whne he outgrows it. I have a blue tang in my 20g. But he is only liek 1.5 inches, however he is growing fast so i have a 65 g to put him in and something larger down the road.

chadman

what are the signs to look for? i have a 30g reef which has been set up for about a year and a half...before i was in teh know i bought a yellow tang...this is like a year ago....and i have been waiting for a tank to put him into...well now i have the tank to put him in...but he has been doing great for a year now...he eats great is active, never had ich or anything....he is prolly 3 inches from nose to tail...i will get him out of there asap though! i don't want to be shunned by the board....haha...but i am glad that i am not the only one with a tang in a 30g or smaller...haha

hot883

Originally Posted by chadman
i know this my friend....i haven't heard the end of it since i first posted a question about the tang...like i said in other threads my lfs said that 55g was the minimal tank size and we loved the fish so we got it...i am currently convincing my gfriend to return him....i think she is coming around to the idea...
Of course the LFS told you that. He made a sale didn't he.
Kick Ich does not work. IMO the parasite has dropped off the fish since you say it is no longer prevelant. Best of luck to ya.

chadman

like i said i do not know which of the measures we took is the one which worked...i have heard numerous people saying it doesn't work but at the same time i have heard many more saying that it does work...i think just like when a human is sick though you can take your medicine but you also must take other measures example:drink a lot of fluids rest etc etc....so i think that the kick ich helped but the other measures along with the kick ich definately seemed to work....