pic's of our 7 month old 135

mitremark

here is some pics of our tank after moving it 2 wks ago. so honestly what do you think? All the corals and fish survived. was orginally set up as a room divider but is now against a wall in the new house. although, we like the over flows on the ends no matter where it is. want to add more corals and fish now that the move is complete. any suggestions on what to get? what coral can thrive next to yellow star polyps? they are killing one set of our xenias so we had to move the rock and make sure they are isolated. sucks not being able to utilize the space around them.

azfishgal

Kudos to you for moving a tank that size and not losing anything.
IMO, I would add some more live rock. I just received a few frags of some Kenya Trees and love them, so that's an idea.

david24

Awesome, how do the two Tangs get along? Always wanted a purple tang to go with my yellow.
I never will because I have such bad luck I know it wouldn't work for me.

zimonie

ya i am also cerious as how the purple and the yellow get along? been wanting them both for a while

ghettotang

Hey how many pound of live sand did you use (how many bags). And what kind of sand did you use. The reason for that I'm looking for some idea when I set-up my 125g tank. So that I know how much tio add and also how deep is that sand bed.
Thanx
Jay

mitremark

Thanks to all for the nice comments. As for the two tangs, we bought them both the same day and acclimated them at the same time, so both have been in the tank together for the same amount of time. I don't know if that is why they get along or if we are just lucky.
GhettoTang - We have 80 lbs. of live sand. I used Nature's Ocean Bio Active. The sand bed is about 2 inches deep. Originally the rock came in before the sand so the rock was set up about a week before the sand was added. Also it was originally set up as a room divider so when I added the sand I poured it in around the rock structures and fanned it into the rocks. When I took the rock out to move it the sand was very even across the bottom so it did fill in very well. I could probably use another bag but I not going to push my luck now.

ghettotang

Thank you for letting me know what kind of sand is that. Also what is the size of the sand is it sugar fine or a bit bigger than the sugar fine.I would say that you did the right thing buy them both at the same time and acclimate them both the same time. That what most would suggestion like myself. See if yellow tang goes first or the another way around them they both temp to kill each others. That why is the best to buy both fish that you want that don't get along so that why you have a chance for both fish to get a long. For example all people that have heard this before that other people told me or told you that you should not put a hippo tang with yellow tang because the fact that yellow tang is bit aggressive.
Jay