Pics of our new corals

rwhite

We've been wanting to add some more colors to our tank and I think we found some winners. All the pics are just after acclimation/intro to the display. Some red shrooms.

clarkiiboi

Nice!:) . I just wish my pics would turn out half that good. I dont think I ever seen (posted on here) a ric like that! Very nice.

S

spsaddict

very nice!!!! once my 210 is set up lemme know if ya ever wanna trade a polyp of rics i got some nice teal ones ::)

sweetdawn

i got a ric that color recently. I was curious what you paid for yours I think the girl at the lfs made a mistake when she gave me the price but at ten dollars i grabbed it quick.

rwhite

Thanks everyone. DrkDweller, not sure if theres a trick, but I'll tell you what I do. We're using a Kodak DX4530 (5 mega pixels) set to the highest res.(megapixels) on the macro setting. I'm convinced that a macro setting is key to the success and using a tripod --no shaking. The software provided with the cam. make things easier too-->cropping, zooming, exposure, and brightness/contrast manipulation is simple. There arent any ways to mess with the color other than the above, so the colors you see are basically what I see. And the software makes it easy to resize for posting, when you save it,click the size-->100% to 25% and Best for Web, guess which I use. Oh, yeah...take lots of pics, trust me, I didnt just walk up to the tank and snap the shots...there were many that just dont look good. And, btw, the xenia you helped hook us up with are doing great...1 stalk has almost finished splitting away and another just leaned over a few days ago and looks to have attached to another rock, just waiting for the split now.
spsaddict, I can only hope that ric starts splitting. The green rics we got from SWF are taking forever to split, so we'll keep our fingers crossed, I'd love to be able to trade! Love them Rics!
sweetdawn, $10 is what technically ours cost. The rock had 3 polyps on it, we split it with someone else, but I've seen much higher prices for them. IMO, good deal.
Now on with the pic updates, same order as the first...Later:D

E

eaglefan

Nice corals, great selections. The Favites I have seen them around at LFS, are they easy or hard to care for? Any feedback would be great, I think they look awesome and just wanted to talk to someone that has them. Thank you

rwhite

Again, thanks
These are shots under blue. The shroom and favite shot didnt come out so good, sorry.