Pics of Reef Tanks

I would like to see some pics of tanks with all sorts of reefs to see what my options are. Can all you guys and gals with reef tanks post your pics, PLEASE! Thanks

G

glazer

I might have to refrain from answering any more posts tonite for fear I offend someone lest they think I am being pissy.
Don't take offense dis but if you want instant gratification... do a search. I punched "tank pictures" into the search function and came up with 677 threads having to do with pictures. SIX HUNDRED AND SEVENTY SEVEN threads!..... after cruising through the first two pages there were more pictures of tanks than you can shake a stick at. By the way... I really am trying to be helpful ;)

I'm not going to respond to your little comments, since you seem to have a lot of time on your hands for that. But thanks for the help anyways.

G

glazer

I'm not going to respond to your little comments, since you seem to have a lot of time on your hands for that.
Don't even know what that means.... but er, your welcome.

wamp

Also, check out Some Candy posts in this reef section. Some good sites. AND, at the bottom of peoples posts, if you see a www button, they have a homepage that usuall contians lots of pics.
Have Fun

sterling

Steveweast, that is fabulous. I was going to post a pic of mine, but now I don't think so.........have to go into corner.........and dream of having your tank. Congrats on a job well done.

steveweast

Saltylakes: lighting is: (6) 400watt 10K plus (2) 400watt 20K all on sunlight supply's pulse start ballasts. In addition there are (6) 165watt VHO actinic.....filtration is Berlin method...liverock with heavy skimming coupled with a 125 gal sump and a 125gal refugium.

saltylakes

Question: What is your opinion of having 4 PC's96 watt
that would be a total of 440 watts for my 55. Can i keep SPS corals?
i love that Monti!!!! Do you have a web site and also do you sell or trade frags? i have a wet dry and also a skimmer, i am interested in getting a refugium... Did you make your own? How big show mine be for a 55 gallon tank? Do you feel that it is crucial to have a refugium for keeping health corals?
Also what supliments do you keep?
i use strontium, calcium and Alk powder, coral accel and phytoplankton and Tech I... all seachem products
thanks

steveweast

Saltylakes:
1) The PC lights will grow corals...but, you may have trouble keeping the colors vibrant. Metal Halides, IMO, are needed to keep the colors vibrant.
2)sorry, no web site......I don't sell frags, I rarely trade frags ( I'm realllllly picky); but, I do give away frags when I need to trim.
3)A refugium could be any size and made of anything. Mine is just a 125 gal tank. The larger the better. It's not directly needed for corals to do well; but, it greatly improves water quality. The refugium is the place to grow lots of caulerpa and regularly harvest it to acheive nutrient export....thus improving water quality.
4)I add no suppliments. I have a calcium reactor for cal/alk additions and use kalk water for evaporation replacement.

saltylakes

so how does your corals get iodine and strontium???
if i cant afford a calcium reactor what do you reccomend?
i am using seachem, 1 table spoon three time a week of alk and cal...
also how often do you do water changes?
could i also have you email because i would maybe like to email you so further questions and maybe in the future ask for a trade or try to buy some frags when you pruin:
my email is Vincelago@yahoo.com
thanks

treyc.

I love that pair of polymnus and I am sure they love that nice blue(asuming haddoni)carpet. Is that a crispa tucked just above them also? Good Work...............................;)

debbers

Steveweast
Thanks so much for sharing that pic of your tank... truly amazing!! And welcome to the board!
~D~
:)

steveweast

saltylakes: there has been a raging controversy over the addition and need of both iodine and strontium over the past few years. I used to add iodine, but stopped maybe 8 months ago. I saw no change in my tank. I'm sure that as my calcium reactor media dissolves, there is released many trace elements as well...since the media is a natural material. If you don't have a reactor, you must make additions for the cal/alk depletions ( and use a test kit to verify their levels). The addition of the other elements is a personal decision. I make 25% water changes every month or so.

danrw84

heres my 29
Steveweast. my god you have captured the ocean! that looks great. wish i could house some of those corals.