Pics of RO setups

alsie

Purchased a RO setup (Typhoon 2) and its on the way. Would like to see pics of different setups if anyone can oblige me. Where I would like to set up (furnace room)I have access to water but no drain available. How do you have automatic shutoff if using trash barrels? Would have to pump waste out through cellar window. I can always do it from kitchen sink but would like input from others. Due to NE weather I cannot do in garage or outside. Suggestions Please.

plum70rt

Do you have a Laundry room?,thats what I use, waste line is put in with the washer drain, then I store my water in 5 gallon containers,

alsie

Laundry room is out. No room; washer and dryer are in a closet type setup. Tanks for suggestion though. Hey guys: Am I doing something wrong in my membership here??? Other rooms I am in I automaically get a e/mail if any replies to a thread I post in or answer but I get nothing here. Is that the way it works or did I set up my profile wrong???

dfishh

my dad is a doctor, and i went to his dialysis unit, and in the RO room, they have an RO system the size of like......a room!lol its huge, but i cant get a picture, it pumps like 10 gallons a minute
DAVE

goldrush

Alsie,check your profile setup. It asks if you would like e-mail notification anytime there is activity on a thread you have responded to.From time to time there are gliches with it,but it's there.

Go to your nearest hardware (Homedepot) is my fav... Bring some money.... U gonna purchase (refrigiator line) is a plastic tubing that is used for people who have ice maker and water hooked up to their fridge.... is the same plastic tubing that comes with the RO system but it only comes in clear white color so that will do... (make sure u buy lots of feet of this stuff) and u cant put the RO were u want it and run two seperate lines were ever u want... one to the drain and another to the barrel...
Mi system is in the basement and my tank is upstairs and my drain is out side,I use it to water my lawn, the good water goes up to the tank....

alsie

curious how you pump it upstairs. my cellar is below ground but a window is near ( 15 feet from where I will do the water). Like I said (I think) I have not seen a RO unit in operation but does the water come out with enough pressure in both good water & waste water to pump up 1 floor?

Well I got the Maxxima Hi-s 60 and it does it fine.... I guess their made to pump the correct amount of good water trough one side and left over thought the other (bad water)... so the pressure will do.... I've had it set up for 8 months like that...
I guess it will pressure all the clean water it can first and then throw out the other is automatically... dont know just try it!!!
It cost me less than $300 at lfs... I invested in a really good one cause water is no joke.... thats like the #1 in reef clean water ;)
Yeah it has enough pressure for the good and the bad water... just buy long tubbing at your local DEOPOT store :rolleyes:

beanejar

alsie --
In regards to distance to destination. My Maxxima Hi-S 35G/d unit is in my basement. There's a sixty
foot run from the utility end of my basement, across the basement rafters and up the other end of the house to the tank -- a twelve foot vertical run overall. Water comes out just fine. It takes a few minutes to build the pressure to drive it up, but then it runs at the flow rate as it did before I ran the long line (i.e., used to carry buckets). Waste water is dumped into a bucket for other uses -- at four gallons waste per one gallon production, gotta use it. :)
I was concerned about being able to do this before I bought the unit and did a lot of reading/searching on the topic. Opinions went both ways. But, I can say that it does work in my situation.
Good Luck
Jaret

beefcake

Jacatech: Wow, I just noticed that in the picture it looks awful. It's actually quite white as I recently purchased the unit.

beefcake

One thing I might add is that I did have it running directly to my tank upstairs when I was filling it. This made the GPH drop drastically as it had to flow up from the basement to my tank plus it had to run about 50 feet through the tubing to get there. This was horribly slow so I just put it in my rubbermaid tub and hauled it up in 5gal buckets. Ohh well only have to do it once besides the occassional water change.

rane

anyone know if this water is drinkable? and what are the uses for the waste water? besides dumping it down the drain

n2deep.....
There was a huge debate last week over the drinkability of RODI water. I think it was started under a Maxxima RO thread. Take about a hour and read it, it's very interesting. In another post I remember reading that the waste water would be OK for house plants, but there was some type of restriction. I'l try to find it for you.