Pics of your new tank

unleashed

this is my newest addition in tanks custom glass 150 gal shallow dim are 72x30x18 drilled with dual 2 in overflows. closed loop system with little giant 1000 gph ocean motion seasquirt 4 way. 125 gal custom sump, mag 36 return,red sea berlin skimmer,magnum 350 canister filter(for carbons only) lighting is blueline 400 x2 20 k MH 96 x2 actinic VHO,
sump is carilife lunear lighting fixture 30 in for macro growth. these are pics of the main tank unfilled .tank is now filled new pics to follow later

U

urugly

MELLOW1
I used 15lbs of LR
1 bag of 20lbs LS
From what I was reading here, that should be ok for a 12G tank. At least for starters.
I will add more LR but not much more in the future.
Good luck...
NICE TANKS EVERYONE...I'm jealous...

I

italianwjt

Originally Posted by cori
No, this is my first saltwater tank. The rock with the growth on it is from a LFS. Good price too...$9 a lb. :)
holy crap thats high, $5 here

dragonzim

Cured live rock is around $6 a lb here. I am picking up a 50lb box of uncured fiji branch tonight for $185 - Only $3.70 a lb!!

mowtree

Originally Posted by StingrayJs
Hell its $15 lb here!!! I need to get about 200lbs also for my new tank, here soon. *sigh* might have to drive out of state to another store.
For you in MD, I know of 2 stores in Nothern VA that are $6 and the second is $5 if you buy over 20 #s

D

deepsixer

Originally Posted by ShrimpDady
I'm glad I live in Texas.
Live Rock runs between $5 - $7 a pound.

lol I thought the 3.99 a lb for live fiji rock I paid in houston was high. after looking at this thread i see now i got a steal.

emperor11

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
Yes, I agree. What does everyone have against ordering from SWF.com!? They have FANTASTIC prices, and the live rock is wonderful quality. You can get 50 lbs. of rock here for $200! You can't really beat that anywhere. You can also get 12 lbs. for $70. That is only $5.80 per pound. If anything, support the site that offers you a great message board.
Anyways, here is my 210 with 20 gallon refuge.
Lion, I don't think its that anyone has "anything against SWF.com," but the reason I won't buy fish/coral/inverts/live rock online is because you can't see it yourself. I like to hand-select my rock. Each and every piece.

krazy302

Here is my tank it is about 5 weeks old. I need to get alot more live rock and I am gonna change the backround to blue. I just got the blue backround so when I get it on I will update my picture..

iluvreefs

I got real lucky. I found LR on the online auction everyone knows. I got lucky and found that the person selling it lives in the same town. Ended up getting 60+lbs. LR with lots of corraline algae on it for $83 and he threw in T5's with 10 and 20k actinic bulbs that fit my tank perfectly. Sometimes patience pays off in saving rather than spending.

dexter

I agree with the hand picked LR, inverts, etc.. however, I know when I was first stocking my 100g with LR, it would have cost me over $900.00 to do so locally :scared: Where as I ordered from swf.com and spent less than $500.00... $600.00 if you count the cleaning crew package I got as well.

Just my personal prefrence. Everything I get for my tank now is definately "hand picked".
Dxtr

keith burn

Originally Posted by arsen_36
whats your lighting! i still can't get over the purple! how big is the tank again?

75gal 4-110w 48in vho 1w 3b