pics !!

krusk

Enjoy
<a href="http://groups.msn.com/Krusk/shoebox.msnw?Page=1" target="_blank">http://groups.msn.com/Krusk/shoebox.msnw?Page=1</a>
Canopy is DIY canopy for 75G out of 1/2" plywood.
I mounted 3 e-ballasts in the canopy to fire 2x110 VHO and 2x175 MH

nm reef

Krusk......very nice!!!
The lighting will allow virtually any coral and to date your selections look healthy!! Thanks for the peek... :cool:

richard rendos

I love the tank, but if it were me, I would use different end caps for the VHO's. If those get salt creep or water splash in them, they may cause your bulbs to burn out. Get the 3 piece water proof german end caps. They work great.
Otherwise...looks great!

tru conch

krusk-nice pics!
i am in the same process as you.
i just built a hood for my 75gal
i had 4 110w vho, but traded for 2 175 mh
so i now want to purchase 2 110 vhos for acintics.
but looking at your pics will hold me over until i can complete my own project. i would post some pics, but a digital camera isnt in my near future.
again, nice pics and enjoy the lighting!

tru conch

oh yeah, krusk what Kelvin are your MH bulbs? im thinking of just having 2 10000k bulbs with the two vho acintic bulbs... how blue is the tank color?

reeflooker

Kursk, what kind wire are you using for the endcaps?? Looks huge... Also, it looks like the canopy is about 6". Is this enough clearance to the water???

krusk

Slick
It’s not mirror, it’s polished aluminum reflector.
Richard Rendos
Your concerned is correct, seen I have glass cover, I would not worry about it yet. There is plastic cab for these type of socket if we want to get them covered.
tru conch
The MH bulbs are Vion 1000 K from HelloLight. But if I have to pick different bulbs I would get Ushio 10000K. These Vion bulbs are too yellow.
Reeflooker
Those wires are heavy duty wire (outdoor rated for temperature). I just want to make sure the wire can handle the heat from the MH bulbs.
Yes, the canopy is about 8&#8221; tall, which yield about 6&#8221; to the glass top. My water level is 1&#8221; below the glass top. It’s about 7&#8221; from the MH bulbs to the water level.
If I have to build another canopy. I would not use plywood.
BlackCab is one of my favorite fish but it way too shine. It’s only came out on feeding time. And it’s only show up when I’m around :)
Thank you all